bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Raymond Chow and Concord

July 14 2017 at 5:29 AM
JKD54  (Login JKD54)

Response to Raymond Chow and Concord

You're right Chris, my mistake. I thought Concord partnered with Golden Harvest (well, they did), but Bruce AND Raymond created Concord. After Bruce finished Fist of Fury, he had fulfilled his obligations to Golden Harvest, and he was no longer under a Golden Harvest contract. So he and Raymond formed Concord Productions. What makes it more confusing is that Golden Harvest would still co-produce with Concord as well as distribute their films. It's strange how Chow could be the head of one company while still being a partner in another company which did business with each other. Sounds sketchy, but I guess that's the movie business.

I think Bruce wanted more creative control and didn't want to be under a studio contract. And since he didn't know very much about producing he needed someone like Raymond as a partner. Chow was the financial brains, and Bruce was the creative talent. Because Concord was independent of any studios, it might have been an attempt to keep the triads at arm's length too.

Bruce and Raymond were still business partners and still had unfinished projects in the works when Bruce collapsed on May 10th and when he died on July 20th. I honestly can't think of any scenario where Raymond has any reason or motive to kill Bruce.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Raymond Chow and Concord - JKD54 on Jul 14, 2017, 5:51 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg