bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

The original source of this 5 reprint vintage HK movie magazines

October 6 2017 at 6:08 PM
LJF  (Login LJF)

Response to New book BRUCE LEE: THE MARTIAL MOVIES

The original source of the compilation copy of these 5 vintage 70s HK magazines belong to Bruce Lei Wei Quan (aka Lui Wai Kuen), a 19 years old China BL fan and vintage BL magazines collector. This is his FB account: https://www.facebook.com/bruce.lei.10048?fref=nf

From what I know so far, Bruce Lei only intended to compile these 5 BL movie magazines just for mainland China fans not overseas due to copyright issues which he had told the Chinese fans frankly. He is selling at RMB100 (about 11.5 pounds) per re-print copy (not original) including delivery within China which is due next month i.e. November. It will be printed by Wen Yi Publisher in China. Neither did Bruce Lei get the permission to print the Fist of Unicorn movie magazine nor secure the rights to reprint the other 4 movie magazines (TBB, FOF, WOTD, ETD). As he claimed this is actually meant for “internal circulation” among mainland China BL fans.

Being the first generation BL fan of Asia since early 1970s, I’ve also collected these 5 vintage Chinese magazines in my possession while I was living in Hong Kong. To be frank, quality wise, except for WOTD magazine (by Golden Harvest), the other 4 magazines published by different individual companies were really not up to the BL collector’s expectation in terms of rare photos and rare information of BL. I would recommend Golden Harvest Monthly magazines if die-hard fans really want to collect because of some great first hand rare info they contain.

However, the above 5 movie magazines are mainly in Chinese text and a bit in English. Personally, I do not think it is ethical for people to profit from the fans by selling these poor quality old magazines without proper copyrights, especially to the Western fans or die-hard BL collectors. Of course, buyers still have their own choice and rights to buy whatever they want. It’s a free world and it’s up to individual’s preference.

It is not my intention to be here to wage or engage a tongue war or keyboard war with anyone but I think being a veteran BL fans and regular contributor to Nick’s forum, I’ve the responsibility to stand up and speak from what I know honestly which I deemed right.

P/S: Another earlier post about the non-existent of Almen Fung is not true. Almen is a veteran Hong Kong BL fan that is sharing his and other BL fans’ nice photos on Pinterest. He can be reached at his Pinterest account and he isn’t really happy when people call him “Non-existent.” Guess he would greet with “TNLM” an impolite Cantonese term if people dare to speak that in front of him. Pardon me for including this but just to make sure certain misunderstanding for “non-existent” should be cleared.

Peace, Love, Brotherhood.
LJF

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Thanks for sharing LJF - Nick Clarke on Oct 6, 2017, 6:22 PM
  •  
  • Pinterest Almen Fung/Forum Search - Chris Richards on Oct 7, 2017, 9:59 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg