bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Eldest Sister, Phoebe Lee’s impression of Bruce Lee – “Family & Filial Piety Come Firs

October 6 2017 at 6:14 PM
LJF  (Login LJF)

Response to Re: Eldest Sister, Phoebe Lee’s impression of Bruce Lee – “Family & Filial Piety Come First"

Chinese have 2 birthdays depending on which one you are referring to. One, the lunar bd and the other the international standard bd, i.e. Western bd. According to Phoebe Lee in a HK radio interview several years ago, she claimed she was born in the lunar month of December 1937 but in Western birthday calendar it’s January 1938. Many older traditional Chinese take lunar bd as their actual bd and surprisingly, there’re still a minority Chinese in HK, Taiwan, China and even S.E. Asia who are using the lunar bd to calculate their age today.
Bruce’s lunar bd falls on 28th Oct 1940 and this day in Western calendar (international standard calendar) is 27th Nov 1940. There’s usually a month lapse between the two different calendars though it varies average in every 3 years. Check out the image of BL's handwritten notes on his friends and family members again in my earlier post. They were all in Chinese lunar bds which I've translated and converted for fan's easy reference.
Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
nickclarkewdbanner.jpg