bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Excellent forum and time to move on

October 6 2017 at 6:28 PM
LJF  (Login LJF)

Response to Great forum and info for B.L. Fans

I’ve been reading that someone said I’m being too generous in giving my free research info in this forum in which some of the rare info have been ripped without crediting me or Nick’s forum. I’m fully aware of the whole situation all the time since I’m active and have connections in many parts of the BL world.

Well, let me say this, if it wasn’t for Nick’s forum, I won’t be here. Like what I told Nick before, I’ve been enjoying the wonderful posts from BL historians, veteran fans and Nick himself in this forum since 2005. While half-retiring from my hectic overseas work commitment, I decided to give back the joy I get from this forum by sharing my little knowledge of BL with fans in Nick’s forum. My first post was in late 2013 and since then I have posted many translated Chinese article, interviews, own articles and research info etc. This is indeed an excellent forum for fans to participate in discussion of BL’s topics and a great channel to touch base with BL fans from many parts of the world.

Recently, I noticed some of the articles and research info which I posted in this forum had been ripped and put under someone else name. Some have been put on websites and some even published without crediting the source. This is truly unprofessional and disrespectful to Nick and me. Look at what Bruce Thomas did previously, at least he credited Nick in his book, “Bruce Lee’s Fighting Spirit” when he did his research and obtained information from Nick’s forum. But not many people now care about ethic and ripping is one of the risks for posting rare info in forums.

As a matter of fact, we live in a world that breeds different kinds of people. Some good, some bad. While there’re always good ones who help and give others their share, unfortunately, there are also some bad apples who only wanted others to give free shares to them in their own interest and benefits but never reciprocate in rendering back anything of value. After much serious consideration, I think it’s time for me to move on and not to give away free research info here which I spent many hours and effort in researching. People really take for granted when it’s free and shows no respect or gratitude to the labor of the originator. Hence, I would rather now use it in other ways that I think would benefit the fans of future generations. Nevertheless, I would still be happy to discuss anything related to BL in this forum but to a selective group of people that I think are genuine and really worth the time and effort to discuss with.

With that saying, I would like to extend my deep appreciation to my dear friend, Nick Clarke once again for his invaluable support all these time and for giving me a chance to share my little knowledge with BL fans in this great platform (with a page on the website) which is dedicated to the one and only Bruce Lee!
CHEERS :)

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Excellent forum and time to move on - Nick Clarke on Oct 6, 2017, 8:51 PM
  •  
  • To LJF - Tony on Oct 6, 2017, 10:18 PM
  •  
  • Support your decision - S.Wira on Oct 8, 2017, 10:12 AM
  •  
  • Hi LJF little brother ... - lazemby on Oct 8, 2017, 12:06 PM
  •  
  • Thank you! - Aiodhan on Oct 10, 2017, 6:45 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg