bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Big Boss 'cousins'

October 15 2017 at 6:58 AM
Herolung  (no login)

Response to Re: Big Boss "cousins"

This is generally true in most Asian / Pacific Islander cultures. Even speaking generally, a younger person will address a elder family friend as 'uncle' or 'auntie' or 'elder brother' etc. And when the families are actually close, the elders will definitely be treated as true aunts and uncles. Commenting on TBB, it's also possible that the family is actually either distant relatives or maybe relatives-by-marriage (example, a daughter of one husband/wife has a son, who then marries a girl. And then that girl's sister marries a guy; that guy has a second cousin and then he's considered an 'uncle' to the original family. And his entire family is then considered distant relatives. As a personal example, I was born in the Philippines, and came to US three years of age. I have an 'uncle' but the lineage is so convoluted it's still not clear where he fits it! But my real aunts and uncles treat him as blood, so he's always been a 'blood uncle' (and a favorite one btw) to me.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Big Boss 'cousins' - Horace on Oct 15, 2017, 8:11 AM
  •  
  • Re: Big Boss 'cousins' - Chris Richards on Oct 19, 2017, 1:46 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg