bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

e: Big Boss 'cousins'

October 17 2017 at 7:06 AM
Herolung  (Login hero-lung)

Response to Re: Big Boss 'cousins'

While I love the American lifestyle, a part of me also appreciates the fact where close family friends are considered as real blood. I would hope that U.S. in general would have more of these close family ties. Of course, you can see this in other cultures as well, the Italians for example. One of my favorite people is an Italian lady and I call her my aunt, and she calls me her caviliere (may misspell that, it means 'knight') although I also like 'commendatore' which is the title of Enzo Ferrari, so that's in a fast class! She also brought me into her family, so there's another extended family for me. Btw, my best of best friends, who was of German-Irish descent (he passed away at young age), really a brother to me, oddly had an Asian viewpoint it seemed to his family. They were very close; when he said goodnight to his dad, he would kiss him on the top of the head, ditto his mom. His mom and dad called me son number four (they had three sons), and I called them Mom and Dad #2. Anyway, back to Bruce .... I can well understand that growing up in Hong Kong with such a large family, and extended family that it must have been a lot of fun. A great book is a bio called Golden Boy (*I think there may be two titles, but this is one of them). It's about an British kid who goes to live in Hong Kong around the time Bruce was there, and he grew up in Kowloon; if you read it you can read about the general neighborhood where Bruce grew up. His dad was a real snob, but his mom embraced the Chinese ways, and they both learned to speak Cantonese. I think that BL was around seven years older than this British boy, but I'm sure that they crossed paths in the streets. The book really gives the atmosphere of Hong Kong, and you can really see in your mind's eye Bruce Lee walking those streets. Hong Kong in those days must have been heaven for a kid. (It's still a great place.)

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
nickclarkewdbanner.jpg