bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Question about Robert Clouse's Comment about Lee and Ali

October 27 2017 at 6:32 AM
Herolumg  (Login hero-lung)

I've been looking online "Who would win in a fight between Ali and Lee," and a couple of sites cite the Robert Clouse book, where he reports that Bolo reported: "Bruce said that Ali would have killed him." Now, has there been an corroboration on this? I know the controversy that Bob Wall has said that Clouse was inventing a feud between him and Bruce, so am wondering if Clouse invented this story? Also, I would doubt Bruce would say such a thing, nor believe it. He had extensive real world experience. There are several heavyweight champs who admit that in a street fight they could lose. One said, "That poking in the eyes, I don't want any part of that!" One can look at the Ali vs. Inoki (wrestler) bout, and Ali does get unbalanced at times; at times he is in trouble and the referee breaks it up. It's interesting that Ali does use some kicks against Inoki who spends much of the time on the mat; and that his footwork enables him to avoid most of the kicks. However, Inoki is far below the skill level of Bruce Lee; so even in an exhibition bout, the odds go to Bruce vs. Ali. In a real street fight, the odds would be far more on Lee's side. Another thing that's galling is that Rhoda Rossey says that BL was just a movie actor, and that Ali would destroy him in a real fight. Wow, talk about revisionist historians....

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Question about Robert Clouse's Comment about Lee and Ali - Anonymous on Oct 27, 2017, 10:59 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg