bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Last sentence?

November 3 2017 at 1:26 AM
Steve Kerridge  (Login Crayong)

Response to Re: Fighting

Sorry you have lost me with that piece my friend. I appreciate the fact you have done 'full contact' and I have trained fighters for over 30 yrs with a few winning legitimate World titles ( WKA, ISKA etc ) so I do understand the mechanics of competition fighters, as i have created many. But this isn't real fighting, as I stated it has rules and regulations, and although I agree the trained fighter will have a much better perception of timing / distance etc etc, this still doesn't mean they would be effective in a street fight. I know and have trained beside for example a few professional boxers, and one for example ( that I shall not name) who fought for the Matchroom stable was a very good fighters and holder of several belts got his arse handed to him in a street fight a few years back. So it doesn't matter whether somebody is a trained fighter in the ring that they would necessarily fair well in a 'real fight.' Lee wasn't a superman, but he was certainly a competent martial artist who cut out the ******** and trained for the street as best anybody could. You say could he take a punch? Well, with all due respect can you? can I? can anyone? or shall we say it all depends who is hitting them. Lee's whole approach was to strike fast and direct, to intercept, hence my comment - Speed kills, and Lee if anything was 'super fast'......

This is a subject we all could discuss till the cows come home I suppose, but we all have our opinions and all should be respected.

Best,
SK

Respond to this message   
Responses

• There's nothing but respect - sdog2006 on Nov 3, 2017, 10:31 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg