bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Re: Oakland group - BL was actively hiding his methods

December 30 2017 at 10:08 PM
Badger Johnson  (Login badger01j)

Response to Re: Oakland group - BL was actively hiding his methods

Hi JKD54,

Oh, I stand corrected, I was going on memory, and we are in synch as to the 'hiding' going on from Seattle, and that was what I meant.

I did read how Demile had an argument with BL, according to his account was actually armed and wondered if he was going to have to shoot BL, the temper was so high.

I think we can detail at least some of the things he was hiding, and I will make a brief list, and I think I can give some good ideas why he was hiding them, beyond the obvious and further how he did this.

Ok, I just spent about an hour typing out some of them. Some are obvious, some not so. I came up with 20 pretty good things which BL intended to not let out or teach to the public.

The most famous one was explained by Dan Inosanto when he described Bruce telling never to teach the 'double pak sao'.

Why was he hiding them. Well I think there were some obvious reasons. He didn't want people to be able to beat him and when he came to the US he was a bit taken aback at how big the American MA were. He had to immediately set about upgrading and improving his methods and abilities to feel he could win any encounter. In addition, he knew he was building up his cred, and wanted there to be some mystery about his abilities and methods. Like many Chinese GF people, he did not realize that by sharing your methods the methods would be improved, and by not sharing them the art would be degraded over time. I think he closed his schools specifically to prevent anyone from following in his footsteps, and it appears, even his children.

How did he hide things? He would show things, but then not explain why he was doing them. He would give a demonstration of certain amazing things and then not explain why he spent time developing them. He also changed the class training from what he taught Jesse and James and other people in those early times, and was basically doing a kind of calisthenics class than a developing hard core base skills.

Hope this helps drive the discussion.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
nickclarkewdbanner.jpg