bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Thanks everyone

December 31 2017 at 5:40 PM
JKD Respect  (Login JKD_Respect)

Response to Oakland JKD is a mystery

Thank you for the suggestion of keeping record of everything. Of course, we are in a digital age now, and recording is so necessary and it's very accessible. I wish there was more recording devices back then, but there wasn't. I have some old tapes from the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. I have lots of recorded videos, sparring matches, class videos, and lots of material saved and share with my classmates only. Lots of offline, nonpublished, informal material. Yes, I agree, I don't want to someday be older and have nothing and no record of anything. So I have lots of material on record so that we can remember the original and pure JKD. I would say, I don't have enough content from the 70s, 80s, 90s, but I have a lot of footage from these recent years. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here in Oakland JKD we do as much as boxing as much as we do the trapping techniques. I've been in other JKD schools and the trapping techniques they do sometimes seemed outsourced. And if they weren't outsourced, they were definitely the basic ones that Bruce Lee did in his movies. The ones Bruce Lee did in his movies were purely for theatrics, but in real life, there are so many better ways to apply JKD hand trapping techniques. So many more faster, quicker, and efficient ways to get in and surprise your opponent, control him, and put him in an extremely bad situation.

I encourage anyone to study Oakland JKD if you can find it, which is rare. Very rare.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Question for JKD Respect - TopCrusader on Jan 4, 2018, 1:50 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg