bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Erika Mailman

January 4 2018 at 5:38 PM
JKD54  (Login JKD54)

Response to Re: Chinese Pacific Weekly (December 17, 1964)

BTW, just to let people know, I got in touch with Erika Mailman last year around this time. I asked her about her article in which she quotes George Lee as being on the scene of the fight and taking Linda Lee outside. She says she stands by her article, although she was going to look up her old interview notes again for me. Her interview with George was from 2005 I believe. We exchanged several emails over the course of about a month.

Apparently, Erika got a little miffed when she found out Charles Russo had used a lot of her own research for his book Striking Distance.

"I looked through an older email account I have and found that I had been emailing with Charlie Russo back in 2011 when he was writing something for SF Magazine. I was very friendly and open with my information (I'll forward you another email in which I sent him all four articles I'd written--something not all journalists would be willing to do). I wonder how much of his writing is a repackaging of my research. Sigh. (see below)" She then enclosed the email exchanges she had with Charles Russo.

And in her next email to me: "That makes me kind of angry--especially after I so openly shared all my research with him. Best, Erika"

We left it that she would try and find her interview notes with George Lee for me. But I never heard back from her after that. I didn't follow up with her either, as I didn't want to bother her any further. Maybe I'll try and contact her again this year.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
nickclarkewdbanner.jpg