Re: Fittest Man on the Planet...January 7 2018 at 9:38 PM
|JKD54 (Login JKD54)|
Response to Re: Fittest Man on the Planet...
Bruce's feud with Lo Wei goes back to The Big Boss. They had heated arguments on the set. The knife incident was just another in a long line of encounters that boiled over. Lee couldn't stand Lo Wei, just the sight of him could trigger an angry outburst. That had more to do with bad blood between the two than general stress.
The last few weeks were actually less stressful than most of the previous two years. Since 1971, Bruce had made 3 movies almost back to back, one of which he wrote, directed, produced and starred in himself. Plus he started a production company with Raymond Chow. The only other less busy and stressful time in HK was during the Christmas / New Year break of 1972, when he had a few weeks before starting ETD.
By July 1973, Bruce finally had a little time to relax again. He just finished his fourth film, ETD. He saw it and thought it was good and was proud of it. He could now think about other movie offers and deals, think about GOD, entertain guests like George Lazenby, spend time with Betty, and get ready to promote ETD. After his medical clearance from the exams in the US in June, he probably thought his health issues were behind him as well.
Note how I say 'less stressful' not 'no stress at all'. He was still under a fair amount of stress, mostly self-induced.
Re: Fittest Man on the Planet... - Anonymous on Jan 7, 2018, 11:52 PM
- Re: Fittest Man on the Planet... - dragonb on Jan 8, 2018, 2:01 AM
- Bruce took Marijuana leaves/ biscuits to relieve stress & pains - KFMan on Jan 8, 2018, 3:30 AM
- Saved your breath, KFMan - JACKY on Jan 8, 2018, 5:37 AM
- Re: Saved your breath, KFMan - KFMan on Jan 8, 2018, 11:39 AM
- Re: Bruce took Marijuana leaves/ biscuits to relieve stress & pains - JKD54 on Jan 8, 2018, 8:52 AM
- Absolutely correct, KFMan! - shaolinguy on Jan 8, 2018, 9:11 AM
- Re: Bruce took Marijuana leaves/ biscuits to relieve stress & pains - KFMan on Jan 8, 2018, 11:35 AM