bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

1st Response

January 8 2018 at 4:59 PM
Nick Clarke  (Login pathfinder73)
Owner

Response to Return to Index is also missing

Was wondering if the new wallpaper has affected some options? Will change and test it.

It seems that Chris Moser has bailed from Network 54 and Tapatalk has taken over, if this brief message is an indication:

http://www.network54.com/f/44985/message/1515097260/We%27re+not+closing

I'm told by someone who knows these things that the programming underlying N54 is ancient in web terms and barely compatible with the modern internet, and that this is probably why Tapatalk is having to work very hard to bring the system up to scratch.

The slowness of the system and loss of some functionality could well be due to this effort.

I'm also advised that Tapatalk, which is aimed mainly at mobile users, has a reputation for maximising the revenue potential of the forum networks it takes over.

Fair enough, and their involvement might be beneficial in the long run for forums that are 'chat rich'. But mine were 'content rich' and so I have abandoned N54 for a modern WordPress website. This was a major undertaking.

If yours is a chat-based forum, I would probably hang tight and hope for better days under the new owners. Alternatively, you could migrate now and cut loose from N54 before Tapatalk commandeers your content...

Why Tapatalk hasn't been open and frank about what it's doing for the network is a mystery to me and probably doesn't augur well for transparency in future. Maybe it's because they are not sure it can be done, technically-speaking?

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: 1st Response - JKD54 on Jan 8, 2018, 7:24 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg