bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Jackie Chan's feud with Triads

January 11 2018 at 8:18 AM
JKD_Respecto  (Login JKD_Respect)

Response to Brandon Lee's mysterious death

Kung fu hero Jackie Chan is known for doing his own stunt work in all his films, but it’s a fight scene that happened off the screen that nearly landed him in trouble. Last week Hong Kong police announced they had dropped their investigation into Chan’s claims that he’d faced down a group of thugs while brandishing a small arsenal of weaponry, saying there was no evidence.

In an interview with the Chinese magazine Southern People Weekly in December, the 58 year-old film star said that at one point in his career he had come under threat from Hong Kong’s notorious triad gangs. Without elaborating when exactly, he claimed that he and other actors had been subject to extortion and threatened by gun-wielding villains. “In the past, when they bullied me, I hid in the United States,” he told the magazine, according to a report in the South China Morning Post. “They opened fire at me once I got off the airplane.”

Finally, the Rush Hour star had enough and fought back, he told the magazine. “When I returned to Hong Kong and ate outside, more than 20 people surrounded me with melon knives,” he said. “I pulled out a gun, and had two more concealed. I told them they had been going too far.”

“I confronted them with two guns and six grenades,” he added, although he failed to elaborate on how the stand-off ended.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/07/police-drop-investigation-into-jackie-chans-armed-standoff-with-mafia-thugs/

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
nickclarkewdbanner.jpg