bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Re: Are Discussions here superficial?

January 28 2018 at 1:15 AM
TopCrusader  (Login TopCrusader)

Response to Re: Are Discussions here superficial?

What was he working on towards the end of his life?
His film career.

I get the feeling from 1971-1973 he was so busy with films that JKD progression, while always in the back of his mind, was not towards the fore-front.
However, with that being said we should look at his Palmer photoshoot (forget the month/year?) There was a book published with all the photos that I never bought but really should. His art looks pretty much like the kickboxing that would become common-place a decade later (with some differences obviously with Wing Chun motions, Northern Chinese in the kicking realm, and grappling).

Lastly, it was Taky Kimura who I believe mentioned in an interview that when they cleaned out Bruce's HK apartment (or house?) after his death, they found planks of wood and other things that he was hitting with his Biu Jee (fingertips) and apparently making great progress in that. What I find interesting in this is that this is not Wing Chun, Boxing, or Fencing. He is returning to his "roots" so to speak, and re-visiting material he cultivated while in Seattle under Fook Yueng. Research/progression often takes you back to something you did previously, and this is a curious example of that.

TC

Respond to this message   
Responses

• JKD Modified Trapping - JKD_Respecto on Jan 28, 2018, 6:55 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg