bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

JKD Modified Trapping

January 28 2018 at 6:55 AM
JKD_Respecto  (Login JKD_Respect)

Response to Re: Are Discussions here superficial?

All I know is that the trapping you see in his movies were meant for demonstrations/theatrics and are not the real trapping techniques he would use in a fight. In a real fight, trapping is much more fluid, tricky, and well varied within the "5 Ways Attack" to keep the opponent guessing. This is why I personally have fun using JKD trapping on boxers and thai boxers.

Pretty much all the trapping techniques you see of Bruce Lee (in movies and casual training videos) are not how he would do it in a real fight, as most those were demonstrations and Bruce Lee wouldn't show his real hand techniques on film or anybody to see. Through my experience, there more efficient, economical, trickier, and fluid ways of applying trapping techniques compared to what you see in the movies and his demonstrations. So anybody who is trying to copy his pak dar lap dar drill you are doing only the very minimal basic form of trapping.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: JKD Modified Trapping - TopCrusader on Jan 28, 2018, 2:17 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg