bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Re: Rare footage of Bruce Lee at 1970 Jhoon Rhee National Karate Championship

January 30 2018 at 10:20 PM
JKD54  (Login JKD54)

Response to Re: Rare footage of Bruce Lee at 1970 Jhoon Rhee National Karate Championship

Good eye, Nick. Yup, same clothes.

Letter Bruce wrote to Linda from Hong Kong April 3, 1970

"Linda, Brandon wants to write you a poem again:“Hurray! Hurray! Today is May!”

We have just returned from the amusement park and Brandon Lee had a wonderful, wonderful time. He is enjoying himself tremendously and aside from forcing him to eat something, he has been a very good boy and everyone here loves him. I have devoted time for him daily, and he follows my mother “willingly.”

I’ll be appearing on two or three TV shows here in H.K. starting next week. Everyone here looks up to me. I also enjoy my stay here as I have the opportunity to talk to my friends (Mr. Tse, Mr. Ng, etc.) during the daily tea time. 28 That Greek wrote me and definitely requests me to teach him [for] a week in Paris. I can tell you one thing, it won’t be in the near future, I’m tired of traveling. Tonight I’ll begin my shaping up program at Mr. Shaw’s gym as I have to appear on TV this coming Tuesday [April 7th] I have been getting up early nowadays. This is mainly due to [the] time change and “me-me” boy. I’m looking forward very much to return home. Though Brandon does not show it (toys, playing around, etc., etc.)

I’m sure he is looking forward to being with you. He has taken me to be the “me-me” target. Father and son are both enjoying our togetherness and definitely looking forward to your joining us soon. Keep well, my love to you and my little girl Shannon.

Love, Bruce"

Letters of the Dragon: An Anthology of Bruce Lee's Correspondence with Family, Friends, and Fans 1958-1973 (Bruce Lee Library) Tuttle Publishing.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
nickclarkewdbanner.jpg