Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Forum Index  
Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

Re: Important Read: Chinese Takeover of British Columbia

December 31 2012, 3:19 PM 

they will most likely try to stay in your beautiful and inviting country and further "take over" it...lol

-------------------------------------------------
[linked image]

E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 3:25 PM 

As long as they pay their taxes, the more the merrier!

---------------------------------------------

[linked image]

"Is there any kind of anti animal/eagle radar or missile systems?" - Tezel

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 3:27 PM 

they certainly wouldn't mind it given how Vancouver is like....lol

[linked image]

E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 3:29 PM 

Vancouver is the Oriental jewel of the Northern hemisphere.. wink.gif

[linked image]

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 3:30 PM 

yeah sure is....perfect weather, beautiful ocean and mountains and sky high housing prices...lol

[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

December 31 2012, 5:38 PM 

"as the the half wit canadian hillbilly claims"

...better an informed "half wit canadian hillbilly" than an ignorant and incompetent "wannabe Chinese" troll I think...

dogsandcookies.jpg

Brendan
(Login 7keys)
The Canucks (Canada)

December 31 2012, 5:39 PM 

What's going to happen when these Chinese nationals see what it's like being in a country who's idea of good living standards isn't a 5x5 dog cage and try to escape? Armed Chinese guards to gun them down? The threat of forced labor camps for their families back home?

They probably wont be allowed to leave the camp.

E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 5:42 PM 

Hence the word "escape".

[linked image]

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

January 1 2013, 1:49 AM 

i don't mind if people want to pursue a better place to live, just like your forefathers from Europe did the same thing, there ain't no shame in that...lol I think a few Chinese must have escaped the cage as Vancouver is crawling with them...lol

[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

January 1 2013, 2:44 AM 

" I think a few Chinese must have escaped the cage as Vancouver is crawling with them"

So is Toronto and every other major city in Canada...and none of them seem to know how to drive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Canada#Canadian_permanent_resident_population_by_country_of_birth_.282006.29

...the figures for China, India and the Philippines are likely much higher now, as we take in ~30k from each of those countries every year. The top ten list for 2010 is as follows;

Philippines 36,578
India 30,252
China 30,197
United Kingdom 9,499
United States 9,243
France 6,934
Iran 6,815
United Arab Emirates 6,796
Morocco 5,946
Korea, Republic of 5,539

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2010/permanent/10.asp

dogsandcookies.jpg

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

January 1 2013, 2:34 PM 

right, as if you know how to drive...

[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

February 3 2013, 4:41 PM 

Document reveals experience of Canadian mine applicants

Chinese-owned Tumbler Ridge operation received about 300 resumés

By Michael Smyth, The Province February 3, 2013

The Chinese company that wants to set up an underground coal mine near Tumbler Ridge said it tried - and failed - to find qualified Canadians to work in the mine.

But after the company was forced in court to produce about 300 resumés submitted by "unqualified" Canadian job applicants, critics are scoffing at the claim.

"There were obviously qualified Canadians who applied for these jobs, and they were simply rejected," Brian Cochrane of the Union of Operating Engineers told me Saturday.

"Qualified Canadians are being denied jobs developing Canada's own resources," Cochrane said.

"It's outrageous." HD Mining International received approval from the federal government to bring hundreds of Chinese coal miners to B.C., after Ottawa accepted the company's argument that no Canadians could do the work.

The Operating Engineers and another union, the Construction and Specialized Workers, challenged the company and the government in court.

Last month, the company turned over to the unions hundreds of resumés from rejected Canadian job applicants.

Now, in a document filed last week in federal court, the public is getting its first glimpse at the qualifications of Canadians who applied for jobs with the Chinese company.

"There were trained and certified underground miners who applied for these jobs," said Cochrane.

"Miners with over 30 years' experience. Former managers and supervisors with major mining operations. Heavy equipment operators. People with tonnes of experience and clear qualifications. Yet all of them were rejected or didn't even get interviews.

"It proves we were right all along."

HD Mining opposed the release of the resumés.

"We have a real concern for the privacy rights of the people who applied for jobs," the company's lawyer, Alex Stojicevic, said during the court battle last month.

The resumés are now sealed, but the court document provides a general description of the qualifications of the applicants without naming or identifying them.

One applicant - called "Applicant 4" in the document - "had 20 years of underground mining experience, including three years as an underground operations supervisor."

Applicant 7 "had six years experience as an underground miner, at least three of which were in an underground coal mine."

Applicant 9 "had 30-plus years of wide-ranging and extensive experience in all aspects of underground mining."

Applicant 10 "had completed an Underground Miner Hard Rock Common Core certificate and had been working as a skilled mine laborer."

Applicant 11 "had three years underground mining experience including experience installing ventilation."

Applicant 12 "had three years of under-ground coal mine experience, including operating various equipment as a helper on an underground utilities crew."

Applicant 13 "had three years of underground mining, construction, diamond drilling and production."

You can read the entire 10-page court document for yourself at theprovince.com.

Jody Shimkus, the vice-president of HD Mining, said the Canadian job applicants were rejected because they didn't have experience in "long-wall mining," in which coal is extracted in long slices deep underground.

"Since there are no other mines in Canada that use this new technology, it shouldn't be hard to understand why there are no experienced Canadian underground long-wall coalmine workers available," Shimkus said.

But Cochrane said the proposed Tumbler Ridge mine was not scheduled to go into full production for two years, plenty of time for the company to upgrade the skills of Canadians with previous underground mining experience.

"There were applicants with underground tunnelling experience, experience with boring machines and running underground conveyors.

"They would have needed truck drivers on the surface. There were Canadian applicants with experience as mine managers and supervisors.

"Now we know why the company didn't want these resumés released. It's absolutely absurd for them to say Canadians could not have filled these positions."

HD Mining announced last week it was sending home its first wave of 16 Chinese coal miners and delaying the arrival of other foreign workers, blaming the unions for the "cost and disruption" of their court action.

"We have been treated very unfairly by the unions," Shimkus said.

But Cochrane said it's not just about protecting union jobs.

"This is about making sure Canadians have first crack at these jobs," he said.

"I've had many people tell me, 'I'm not a trade unionist and I'm not a miner, but thank you for protecting Canadians.'"

This battle is far from over.

Read more:http://www.theprovince.com/business/Document+reveals+experience+Canadian+mine+applicants/7911578/story.html#ixzz2Jr4Vxe6K
-----------
I have to wonder how many other Chinese "joint ventures" are in reality entirely staffed by Chinese around the world...

dogsandcookies.jpg

Timbits20
(Login timbits20)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

February 4 2013, 1:38 AM 

As "the 3rd world-ers" get stronger, "they'll" increasingly treat our people like "we've" treated theirs.

Of course, it gets all the more annoying when members of your own government act like the local mandarins and apparachiks who sold out their own people in the 3rd world on "our" behalf.

I'm using the quotations because ultimately the abusers who I am talking about are sociopathic bastards, who will treat anyone working for them as bad as they can get away with, regardless of who they are or wherever they are.

Applying "nationalism" into the argument ultimately misses the point.

Having said that "Social Contracts" used to mean something in the West.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

This message has been edited by timbits20 on Feb 4, 2013 1:41 AM

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

February 4 2013, 2:47 AM 

Well the more I looked into it, the more this whole thing of bringing an entire mine's worth of temporary workers in from China, stinks to high heaven. The HD Mining official quoted in that last story (Jody Shimkus) was until very recently an Assistant Deputy Minister of Natural Resources in BC. I suspect if one were to shake the HD Mining "tree" a little more, all manner of former civil servants would likely fall.

dogsandcookies.jpg

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Forum Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]