Defence Forum
Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Forum Index  

Important Read: Chinese Takeover of British Columbia

December 26 2012 at 6:38 PM

Brendan  (Login 7keys)
The Canucks (Canada)

This is an important story for all Canadians to follow, as well as people from any other western country that may be at risk of following the same route. Basically the government is allowing Chinese state owned companies to open mines that are staffed by entirely Chinese workers, and ship all their profit and all the resources straight back to China. In the future, the federal government wants to give these corporations control of the immigration system for "skilled workers" as well, allowing them to ship in unlimited slave labour and even give them citizenship.

http://www.langleytimes.com/opinion/letters/184704911.html

Editor: B.C. mining jobs are being given to temporary foreign workers. In Tumbler Ridge, Chinese-owned HD Mining has received permission to import 200 temporary underground coal miners, for their Murray Creek mine.And thats just the first wave, as other Chinese mining companies want to import more than 2,000 miners to B.C.s North for copper, gold, coal, etc.

The fix is in, as 350 Canadians applied for these jobs at HD Mining and not one qualified. One of the qualifiers is that you have to speak Mandarin.

Jim Sinclair of the B.C. Federation of Labour revealed that HD Mining does not have to hire a Canadian worker for four and one-half years and that a temporary job can last 14 and one-half years. What government genius dreamed this up? Chinese-owned HD Mines makes profits with cheap imported labour to mine and ship our resources to China to make steel; the Chinese miners send their wages back home to China; China makes the steel with their jobs and sells the steel back to us.

The money is not recycling spinoffs in our economy but is mostly going to Chinas benefit. We are subsidizing them for the privilege of being their customer.

Christy Clark is on the radio telling us in millions of dollars worth of ads how wonderful her jobs program is, while you stand in the unemployment line, looking like a Dr. Seuss character. United Steel Workers tried real hard to find out who owned HD Mining, with the help of a Beijing University researcher, assisted by experts in China.

Huiyong Holdings BC Ltd. holds 55 per cent of HD Mining. But who owns Huiyong is a mystery, and it could be a Chinese state-owned shell company. Then 40 per cent of HD Mining is owned by Canadian Dehua, which is owned by Chinese state-owned corporations. Not surprisingly, Elections BC shows the BC Liberals received donations of $20,810 in 2011 and 2012 from Canadian Dehua International Mines Group Inc.

Surely Clark and her gang wouldnt sell us down the greasy mine shaft for such a paltry sum. There has to be more to it.

Our governments are misleading and selling us out in the dumbest way possible, and our MLAs and MPs owe us some big explanations.

Roland Seguin,

Langley

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

White Devil
(Login ingenting)
WAFFer

Ex Nihilo

December 26 2012, 9:39 PM 

If its comforts you , its the same in Sweden whit Canadian miningcompanys , sorry.

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

Re: Important Read: Chinese Takeover of British Columbia

December 30 2012, 2:31 AM 

Great...... Need more. Lol

-------------------------------------------------
[linked image]

Brendan
(Login 7keys)
The Canucks (Canada)

December 30 2012, 5:57 AM 

lol, why? Are you looking to cash in?

The hundreds of temporary foreign workers coming from China starting this autumn to work in northeastern B.C. coal mines will end up staying for years, if not decades, predicts the president of a B.C.-based employment agency. And some of them may end up getting ripped off and even going home in caskets if the B.C. government doesnt ensure proper regulation, said Kael Campbell, president of the Red Seal Group, a Victoria firm that helps match companies with skilled tradespeople across Canada. We really have to question how a miner who knows 100 words in English will know what their rights are or how to follow government-mandated safety procedures. He cited one incident in 2007 when two Chinese nationals brought to Canada under the TFW program died when the roof of a holding tank collapsed over their heads at an oilsands project north of Fort McMurray. The widow of one of the accident victims, Ge Genbao, said her husband told her he would make the equivalent of $600 a month. He should have been making $30 an hour, or at least $4,800 a month, plus overtime and benefits, according to the union that represented the workers, the Edmonton Journal reported.

http://ithinkmining.com/2012/11/17/chinese-miners-in-british-columbia-coal-mines/#more-9581

WAFFer
(Login sbs1cz)
Middle Kingdom (China)

December 30 2012, 12:29 PM 

Dont be panic, the Canadian politians arent stupid to sell off and resource to China so easily. the reason why employ Chinese workers is local canadians working efficiency (often with big powerful union) is considerably low and sometimes may threathen to the daily consistent operation which in turn prevent the company from making profit to pay tax. I can be 90% sure that the Chinese company only earn a very thin part of profit even include the workers salary. The biggest part of profit will undoubtfully go to local Canadian government.

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

December 30 2012, 1:42 PM 

"Dont be panic, the Canadian politians arent stupid to sell off and resource to China so easily."

Apparently you have never met a Canadian politician...they have sold the average Canadian down the river so badly that it makes hardcore US Libertarians envious.

the reason why employ Chinese workers is local canadians working efficiency (often with big powerful union) is considerably low and sometimes may threathen to the daily consistent operation which in turn prevent the company from making profit to pay tax."

Ummmm...actually Canadian workers generate far more profit than Chinese workers do, it is the simple mathematics of GNP/capita. Actually most Chinese enterprises are hugely inefficient from a labour perspective, they can afford to be this way because their workers have such low wages.

"I can be 90% sure that the Chinese company only earn a very thin part of profit even include the workers salary. The biggest part of profit will undoubtfully go to local Canadian government."

While they will have to pay Canadian taxes and royalties to both the provincial and federal government I am fairly confident that they will generate significant profits.

I have been following this story for months in the paper and it basically appears that the Chinese company made speaking and understanding Mandarin a mandatory requirement of all positions at the mine (from Mine Manager to Janitor) and then claimed they could not find any qualified candidates in Canada, so they then proceeded to bring in Chinese workers with the blessing of the federal government. Most labour law lawyers that have opined on the matter publicly feel that the Mandarin requirement would be considered extraneous for employment in Canada as it is not one of Canada's official languages and that the company will likely lose it court case and be forced to reopen the hiring process.

dogsandcookies.jpg

This message has been edited by coalde_one on Dec 30, 2012 1:46 PM

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 30 2012, 2:01 PM 

I meant, we chinese need to take over the rest of the world, not just british columbia...lol

[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

December 30 2012, 2:13 PM 

"I meant, we chinese need to take over the rest of the world, not just british columbia...lol"

Really!?! You want the rest of the world to be a 3rd world sh!thole just like China?

I ask because I must assume that is the reason that you live in China...oh wait, you don't live in China and never have...lol. wink.gif

dogsandcookies.jpg

WAFFer
(Login dy102222)
Middle Kingdom (China)

December 30 2012, 4:10 PM 

if china = 3rd world, then useless lapdog canada = 6th world right?

know your place, bitch!

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 30 2012, 4:44 PM 

And I assume you have never been to Canada and never will..... Dude, grow up. This is the phucking Internet.

[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

December 30 2012, 7:28 PM 

"if china = 3rd world, then useless lapdog canada = 6th world right?"

Mmmmm...no...

CanadaChina
GDP/Capita (PPP)$40,370 (11/180)$8,400 (94/180)
Human Development Index0.908 (6/187)0.687 (101/187)
Failed State Index26.8 (169/177)78.3 (76/177)
Transparency Perceptions Index80 (9/176)39 (80/176)

"know your place, bitch!"

It would appear that Canada's place in everything except "failure" is far superior to that of China...which likely explains why so many people from China appear on our shores travelling by cargo container, as well as why there are hundreds if not thousands of human smuggling rings in operation in China.

@Hawkssss

"Dude, grow up. This is the phucking Internet."

Oh I see you are upset over the fact that other people can be as equally obnoxious and pointless as you are here at WAFF?

dogsandcookies.jpg

White Devil
(Login ingenting)
WAFFer

Ex Nihilo

December 30 2012, 8:42 PM 

Atleast i can say its Swedes behind those maskines in miningcompanys who operates in Sweden.

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

December 30 2012, 10:21 PM 

"Atleast i can say its Swedes behind those maskines in miningcompanys who operates in Sweden."

Well that is what is entirely outrageous about this story, the Chinese did not intend to hire ANY Canadian workers for the ENTIRE mine which was located in Canada. They have now been forced to hire at least one Canadian...a lawyer...

dogsandcookies.jpg

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 2:52 AM 

you littel illterate paranoid typical hill-billy fool. you really need a little education rather than being a paranoid douche... There is a law called Investment Canada Act where any foreign purchasers need to make undertakings of certain issues. The Canadian Ministry of Commerce (or the equivalent) mandates that all foreign companies purchasing Canadian assets need to have majority Canadian management, board, and ensure employment. Not to mention local unions and first nations will demand the same. So all your stupid paranoid and uneducated rant is just that.... Why do I know? I was personally involved in an acquisiton of a Canadian company recently and it is IMPOSSIBLE for a company to hire only chinese nationals in Canada, unless all the so-called Chinese are already Canadian citizens or permanent residents, in which case it is perfectly fine in theory at least...

By the way, i think you are a baby seal, not a human being...lol Go get some education, you hill billy...

[linked image]

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 2:53 AM 

And as for Sweden, has the Chinese company fired 100% of all swedish Volvo employees? If Not, then you are just as stupid as this canadian hill billy....

[linked image]

Coalde
(Login coalde_one)

December 31 2012, 3:54 AM 

"you littel illterate paranoid typical hill-billy fool. you really need a little education rather than being a paranoid douche..."

You mean a paranoid hill billy that has been following this story for months? The same sort of paranoid douche that noticed that HD Mining made Mandarin a mandatory (but not advertised) qualification for all positions at this mine? The same sort of douche that noticed that when HD Mining claimed they couldn't find any Canadian candidates that the position requirements that they presented to the government to get the temporary permits included speaking Mandarin, having 3 to 5 years of experience coal mining and be willing to work for $10/hr less than the going rate for underground miners in BC...you mean that sort of paranoid hill billy?

...because to me that is what I call an informed citizen and an informed citizen is the basis for any successful and free nation state...you know a free nation, like the one that is on your passport and the one remit your income taxes too...unlike those poor slaves that live in China (which you do not) that are exploited and abused by those who claim to lead them.

"There is a law called Investment Canada Act where any foreign purchasers need to make undertakings of certain issues. The Canadian Ministry of Commerce (or the equivalent) mandates that all foreign companies purchasing Canadian assets need to have majority Canadian management, board, and ensure employment. Not to mention local unions and first nations will demand the same. So all your stupid paranoid and uneducated rant is just that..."

Funny this has been in the press here in Canada for several months....

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1307123--hd-mining-refuses-to-show-b-c-unions-the-files-on-work-permits-for-chinese-miners
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/12/hd-mining-murray-river-canadian-workers_n_2286447.html

...and it clearly shows that HD Mining has no intention of hiring a single Canadian for years to come.

"Why do I know? I was personally involved in an acquisiton of a Canadian company recently and it is IMPOSSIBLE for a company to hire only chinese nationals in Canada, unless all the so-called Chinese are already Canadian citizens or permanent residents, in which case it is perfectly fine in theory at least..."

Well then you are obviously not very good at your job, as the folks running HD Mining came up with a way to circumvent all those regulations by simply making Mandarin a mandatory qualification, thereby circumventing Canadian Immigration law (funny enough if you read additional stories on this matter, the Union that is fighting HD Mining would be content if all those imported Chinese miners were given Canadian landed immigrant status). The really funny part is that if you read this article...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/19/hd-mining-chinese-government-steelworkers_n_2333175.html

...is that HD Mining used a series of shell holding companies in a crude attempt to hide the fact that HD mining is majority controlled by a Chinese company, that is likely a state owned enterprise...apparently no one knows because despite apparently running numerous mines in China there is absolutely no publicly available information regarding the Chinese parent company of HD mining.

"By the way, i think you are a baby seal, not a human being...lol Go get some education, you hill billy..."

I think you are one of WAFF's worst trolls, we all have our opinions of each other I suppose. I find it ironic that you suggest to me to get an education when I clearly know more about what you claim to be your profession than you do...and I am not even ion your profession.

Personally I believe there were significant kickbacks provided by HD Mining to various Canadian government officials to grease the wheels of their little plan to shut Canadians out of jobs in Canada, as if you read this article...

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Mining+firm+centre+foreign+worker+hiring+says+tried+hire+Canadian+workers/7584334/story.html

...you'll not that they failed to include mandatory documentation surrounding the rejected Canadian applicants and the temporary work permits were still granted. Having dealt with Canadian Immigration personally in the past, I can assure you that if you fail to include a single mandatory document they do not issue work permits...they instead send you entire package back to you (6 weeks later) pointing out your oversight and telling you to resubmit when you have all the necessary documentation. This whole thing stinks to high heaven of corruption and kickbacks at the Provincial (and possibly Federal) level of government here in Canada....and I pray that those on both sides of any such transaction or agreement are prosecuted to the full extent of Canadian law.

dogsandcookies.jpg

This message has been edited by coalde_one on Dec 31, 2012 5:13 AM

White Devil
(Login ingenting)
WAFFer

Ex Nihilo

December 31 2012, 7:44 AM 

-And as for Sweden, has the Chinese company fired 100% of all swedish Volvo employees? If Not, then you are just as stupid as this canadian hill billy....-

Whit 3 Volvo factorys in China , i say Volvo is soon gone in Sweden as SAAB.

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 1:38 PM 

That i think is a matter of time, my swedish friend, but it is totally different from "only hiring chinese in sweden" as the the half wit canadian hillbilly claims....You lost the volvo brand and that's just too bad, such is life and move on....one of my favorite cars because of its safety records....

[linked image]

Hawkssss
(Login Hawkssss)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 1:51 PM 

by the way, British Columbia has already been taken over by us Chinese...lol one only needs to go to Vancouver to realize that...lol

[linked image]

E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

December 31 2012, 3:05 PM 

What's going to happen when these Chinese nationals see what it's like being in a country who's idea of good living standards isn't a 5x5 dog cage and try to escape? Armed Chinese guards to gun them down? The threat of forced labor camps for their families back home?

---------------------------------------------

[linked image]

"Is there any kind of anti animal/eagle radar or missile systems?" - Tezel

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Forum Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]