I debated for some time before doing that Hiroshima post...March 14 2011 at 3:47 PM
Casey (Login shimokita)
Photography forum moderator
Response to About the masthead
We are far way from "normalcy" here, you have seen the images so you have some hints as to the tragedy that continues to unfold. To watch the individual stories of loss and reunion is a painful experience... almost too much at times.
Yes we will be on the rails to recovery, but from time to time is seems like we are still a long way from the start line. To those who have friends and family in Japan, I hope that they are safe.
Thank you for all the personal messages and e-mails... your thoughts are most appreciated. I do not want to make lite of the recent events (still ongoing), and it's not yet time to "put things behind us", but a touch of gentle perspective is somewhat comforting and seemed appropriate.
- Definitely... - K T on Mar 14, 2011, 5:46 PM
- I'm glad you posted them. - Jeff Warden on Mar 15, 2011, 6:12 AM
- NHK News in English is available online - Casey on Mar 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
- Casey, I think these are very appropriate. I recall...>>> - Pete Saunders on Mar 15, 2011, 11:23 PM
- Inspired - Ee-Van on Mar 19, 2011, 8:45 AM