I am using Windows/Internet Explorer and the following procedure...
1) Internet Explorer AutoComplete:
2) Click to open Internet Explorer.
3) Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
4) Click the Content tab.
5) Under AutoComplete, and then click Settings.
6) Select or clear the Address bar, Forms, User names and passwords on forms,
and Ask me before saving passwords check boxes.
7) Click OK , and then click OK again.
Don't log off when you end the session, just close the window. Not sure about Apple, but it must be similar.... and of course only on your own private PC