Return to Index  

Untitled

June 14 2012 at 3:43 AM
  (Login Echi)

Batanes, 2012

Photobucket

Definitely used hyperfocal on this one. They were tying down the boat that we used in getting to this place. Thought I'd share a sunny photograph as we've entered the rainy season yet again.

This afternoon I dusted off a Canonet QL17 (45mm) from the office cabinet. It belonged to a late friend of mine. A borrowed thing for sure but I never found the opportunity to return it to his family. It was lent to me "forcibly" to be honest. "Here, c'mon try it out. Use it". I couldn't say no.

I googled the manual for this camera and also searched for film loading instructions in Youtube :p

No, i didn't load film onto it. Just, vicariously. Hehehe. I got disoriented with this little thing as most of the controls were on the fixed lens and none on the top plate. Very interesting design.

Well, back to the cabinet it went.

I have to do the same with my Bessa R4M. And maybe actually use it one of these days.

It was a nice break in the afternoon fondling that Canonet amidst the din of work outside my room. These old things have a pleasant way of tearing you away from the present albeit very temporarily.

Cheers,

Echi

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page