Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Thanks much Eduardo! "Sheer perserverance" is exactly right. >>>
    • (Login ongopt)
      Posted Nov 27, 2011 5:53 PM

PPing has never been easy for me mainly because of my anal nature and colorblindness. I have always liked to create something different in the landscape world and be a little different. A hit or miss affair for those of you who view my works. But, yes, one must stop caring what others think or else one is doomed to repeat everyone else. No fun in that! The most important idea is to like your own stuff. Break a few rules. Maybe others will catch on. If not then have fun along the way-- which I do. happy.gif

Ah, selective coloring. My mentor, Ming, hates it. Not me--if done right. The trick is to choose your color subject appropriately for the scene and then desaturate until it blends in. In this photo's case I did a little less desaturating of the trailer because of the Wizard of Oz technocolor theme. I guess it worked. Also, most of my partial desats are mainly reds (or shades thereof) or a few yellows which seem to go better with B&W tones.

I know you and I have very different styles but it is refreshing to see that here. Your differing perspective from mine challenges me to look at subjects in new ways too. I like that. happy.gif
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

ThePuristS.com Home Page