Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Thanks so much, Eduardo.
    • (Login jawarden)
      Posted Jan 10, 2012 6:45 PM

The exposure problem on the second image was tricky. I didn't want to blow out the sky because that would kill the mood, but exposing for the sky would leave the rest of the image quite underexposed. I mean it's full black to nearly full sun, something's got to give. happy.gif I decided to meter for the sky and hope for the best, and I'm pleasantly surprised with how much information is on the negative.

I'll try to print it tonight, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Negatives have more latitude than paper, and I maxed out the negative so this one may not be printable, at least with my skills today.

It's a great tree, isn't it? I'm glad I crossed paths with it. Today I was listening to an interview with Rosanne Cash and she was talking about the creative process for her music. She mentioned two things that resonated with me; first, she said she doesn't write her songs, she 'catches' them. I really like that imagery. She said if she doesn't catch the song right away someone else will, so she has to be ready and open. Second, she quoted Stephen Pressfield - I've never heard of him - who said "you have to show the muse you're serious."

That's excellent.

Jeff

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

ThePuristS.com Home Page