<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Not exactly my kind of shot...

July 13 2012 at 2:21 AM
  (Login Echi)

Mindoro, 2012

Photobucket

This type of photograph is quite popular in my neck of the woods especially from those who go to Thailand or Indonesia for photo workshops.

It's almost cheesy but I like how the light "fell" on these kids.

Btw, we didn't coax them to ride the carabao. They were having their own kind of fun while the adults worked the fields. All we told them was to look at the light. Our feet did its best to keep up with our moving target happy.gif

In the background is home to that Mangyan tribe that we photographed last year. I don't think these kids are part of the tribe though. Kinda hard to tell even from a guy like me. Which is funny when they refer to these tribes as being "indigenous"... so what makes a local born less "indigenous"? and vice versa. Hahaha!!! Very much like the Native Americans in the US. I get lost with the semantics of it all.

Currently preparing a series on one of the temples that I photographed in Cambodia. Not easy. I don't know how you guys do it. Sequencing and all that... such a pain! happy.gif

Have a good one.

Echi

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login candidcameraman)

I love the composition and their complicit smiles

July 13 2012, 4:06 PM 

Very well executed

Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light... I just make pictures.

Respond to this message   
james
(Login watchy)

Lovely light ,clouds and playful expressions . nt

July 14 2012, 1:02 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login Echi)

Thanks, James! (nt)

July 15 2012, 7:10 PM 

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   

(Login Echi)

Thanks, Patrick! (nt)

July 15 2012, 7:10 PM 

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   

(Login shimokita)
Photography forum moderator

I agree...

July 14 2012, 6:19 AM 

One day you will look back at this photo... The question is what were they doing that induced you to give them such instruction...

They seem like such good trouble makers wink.gif... The setting and weather are perfect and of course the water buffalo... great place for kids.

Casey

Respond to this message   

(Login Echi)

Troublemakers...

July 15 2012, 7:09 PM 

What a nice description for these kids as they were the more playful ones out there (lots of them helping their folks. this trio probably wouldn't have any of that).

Thanks, Casey.

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   

(Login phase-de-lune.net)

Never mind if posed

July 15 2012, 9:05 AM 

the picture is really great.

Deniz

Respond to this message   

(Login Echi)

Thanks, Deniz! (nt)

July 15 2012, 7:07 PM 

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Not exactly my kind of shot...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page