<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

August 31 2012 at 12:47 AM
  (Login Echi)

Metro Manila, 2012

Photobucket

Well, I tried putting a title to it but couldn't really think of anything to appropriately describe this photograph... Or should I say, these photographs. What I did here was to combine two photographs into one in PS. I do it on occassion when I see photographs from an outing that might actually work "together" in one frame. I'm not sure that you can liken it to a double exposure, technically speaking. Because what I did here was to play with the opacity on a duplicate layer to make those orange things pop out individually rather than doing an across the board mixing of the two. On film or digital, I don't even know how to do that in-camera.

I can't do window reflections like Eduardo so I thought I'd force that look in this manner happy.gif

Have a good weekend, guys!

Echi

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login EduardoJB)

Well, I like it

August 31 2012, 7:12 AM 

Which is not surprising... The texture, of course. The colors, of course.

And BTW, anybody can do reflections like Eduardo. Just step in front of the window wink.gif
But, there's a secret that's not really a secret: San Juan, being a traditional city, has narrow streets. Meaning, reflections occur much more easily than in a modern city. And having also a neoclassical architecture with columns, cornices, friezes and decoration, the reflections are richer in elements. The glass storefronts didn't exist in the XIX century, so the reflections add another dimension and speak of a time difference.

Respond to this message   

(Login Echi)

See, that is good to know...a

August 31 2012, 9:36 AM 

About narrow streets... I would never have made that correlation! But it does take a certain sense of calmness to be able to pull it off. I think you have to be in the zone with windows... Of course that applies to all things happy.gif

I have to give it a shot one of these days. Way too much spacing here. And those self portraits dont work as well. Maybe i need to buy a hat like yours... I'd look dorky though happy.gif

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   

(Login EduardoJB)

I LOOK dorky,

August 31 2012, 8:10 PM 

But I decided a while ago that I don't care anymore. At my age, I've stopped worrying about how I look (well, maybe 85% of the time). With the hot hot local heat, I always end up as if I had a brawl with some creature from somewhere. A very wet, wet creature.

Respond to this message   

(Login shimokita)
Photography forum moderator

Well with my F3 there is a double exposure lever ;-)

August 31 2012, 7:50 AM 

Without reading your write-up I would not have judged this to be a layered image. It just looked "normal" to me... reality is really a concept / theory (so is history, as we all know).

Reality... August is a time for scare movies in Japan... nothing like a good scare to get your mind off the heat hahaha... and no one does it better.

The orange blocks... they look like they belong there wink.gif.

Casey

Respond to this message   

(Login Echi)

And that is why i rarely do it...

August 31 2012, 9:38 AM 

Because they rarely line up like that. Hahaha! We really justbhave to go out and take more and more pics.

Ah them japanese scary movies... Can be really terrifying!

www.raulechivarre.com

Respond to this message   

(Login ongopt)

Cool angle! Like the colors! :)

September 3 2012, 3:48 PM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Untitled
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page