<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

More digiscopy

March 12 2014 at 8:15 PM

Harish  (Login hhegde)

Kowa and Sony Nex 7. What a combination..

1.[linked image]
2.[linked image]
3.[linked image]
4.[linked image]
5.[linked image]

Manual focus with focus peaking.

Harish

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Casey
(Login shimokita)

particularly the first image...

March 13 2014, 11:27 PM 

Very good detail and the background / foreground make for a nice composition.
It seems like I almost know the two in the last photo wink.gif.

Have you taken a look at the Nikon 1 V3? The EVF is not integrated and I have read some grumbling about the price (as always)... or are you done with new gear wink.gif.

Casey

Respond to this message   

Harish
(Login hhegde)

Thank you Casey

March 14 2014, 6:15 AM 

now that I have discovered ways to attach camera directly to the eyepiece of the scope,I can enjoy both the worlds i.e, manual focus on the scope and auto focus through the camera lens.
I have not figured out which method is enables faster focusing yet. So far my finding is that manual focus with focus peaking Sony is the best and Fuji XT -1 is close second with GX7 not far behind. Each camera offers advantages in their own way in digiscopy but,I find myself using Sony Nex 7 more. So, I ordered the A 7R ICLE camera from Tokyo and that means no V3 for me. I have a V2 and I am happy with it on a AF lens but not so on a scope. I do not expect the V3 to be any different in it, manual focus assistance capabilities.
Sorry for a lengthy answer.
Regards.
Harish

Respond to this message   

Casey
(Login shimokita)

simple question...

March 15 2014, 4:45 AM 

why would you order the Sony 7R from Tokyo rather than buy it in the states? and... Are you aware that the Sony 7/7R cameras sold in Japan only have Japanese menus (there is no English support from Sony Japan = no English menus).

Casey

Respond to this message   

Harish
(Login hhegde)

Thanks for the heads up

March 17 2014, 6:07 AM 

I have contacted my dealer in Tokyo to make sure of that.
He usually sells to market outside of Japan. The last few items I received had menu and warranty in English.
Never the less, thank you for the info.
Harish

Respond to this message   

Harish
(Login hhegde)

Hello Casey

March 18 2014, 5:54 AM 

I got a email today from my dealer in Tokyo confirming what you already said in your post. But, they also have export model for the tourists to Japan.
Since the price advantage is minimal I cancelled my order.
Thank you.
Harish

Respond to this message   

Casey
(Login shimokita)

thanks for the update...

March 18 2014, 4:31 PM 

It's such a strange strategy by Sony... I can only think that it revolves around a legal opinion regarding support (including documentation) in multiple languages in the local market... it's not like anyone expects (or receives) local support in multiple languages from Canon or Nikon for their dSLRs. The product has some very interesting innovation... too bad it's a Sony...

Casey

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page