[linked image]

Harish

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Casey
(Login shimokita)

now we just need a photo of you

April 2 2014, 4:59 AM 

next to your camera system in a full camouflage outfit... Very impressive setup.

I understand that it's less weight, but it's still a lot of gear to take into the field... as I guess you also carry a second camera and lunch wink.gif.

Thanks for the look at your equipment...

Casey

Respond to this message   

Harish Hegde
(Login hhegde)

It is modular..

April 3 2014, 6:16 AM 

the scope and the tripod are carried together. the rest along with D7100 attached to 40-800 go in the think tank back pack along with the lunch.
Enjoy your spring time in Tokyo. Flowers must be blooming now.
Harish

Respond to this message   
Mel
(Login Melcoxx)

Holy crap Harish!!!! Fantastic detail. Excellent and inspiring.

April 3 2014, 4:57 PM 

A question about the detail in the 1st photo. I took some shots of a great heron yesterday and a lot of the white feathers were pretty much washed out.
Nowhere near the detail in your photos. Assuming a generally sharp photo, how did you get so much detail in the white feathers? Adjusting the exposure?

Mel

Respond to this message   

Harish Hegde
(Login hhegde)

Mostly

April 4 2014, 5:58 AM 

I go by the histogram and over exposure setting so, when whites are blown I dial down the EV for that particular shot. Also in LR there is a bar for adjusting highlights. I use it in almost all images where the subjects have white feathers.
Thanks.
Harish

Respond to this message   
Mel
(Login Melcoxx)

Thanks for the info ...............

April 4 2014, 11:14 AM 

I need to start using my blinkies more to alert me. I used to do it all the time but lately, I haven't noticed the problem until I get home....too late to do much about it.
Also I'm sure these kinds of problems are much easier to fix when shooting RAW............which I don't do......but that's another story.

Mel

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page