<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Digiscopy..

April 18 2014 at 8:35 PM

Harish  (Login hhegde)

with Swarovski STX 85 and TLS APO DSLR attachment.
I am not really enthused about the DSLR attachment as it has a lens element equal to F1.7 -2.7 which degrades what ever the light that traverses the entire length of the scope . Yet, I gave it a try as I have it and I want to know how it performs with different cameras before I tuck it away or trade it. Sony NEX 7 was the only camera that I liked with this attachment.
Here are some images for your viewing. This time I really like some blunt comments so, go ahead and give it to me.
1.[linked image]
2.[linked image]

Below are the images from my favourite combo.

Swarovski with Nikon V2 on DCB2 attachment(shot through the scope with Nikon 18.5mm lens attached to the camera).

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thank you.
Harish

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Casey
(Login shimokita)

the fact that you're asking for "blunt comments"

April 19 2014, 1:44 AM 

already indicates you know the answer wink.gif. The TLS APO DSLR attachment with the (1) Pentax-K30 and (2) NEX-7 do not technically compare with your previously shown work. I guess you enjoy your time in the field no matter what gear you carry... lighter is better wink.gif... We have to pick our gear and make our choices, not every combination is a winner in every regard...

The color in the Pentax image seems a bit off, particularly the OOF areas. I am not sure you got the focus points you wanted with the NEX-7.

Not sure if you are using raw files... I was recently reading a discussion on the quality of dSLR raw image quality. The general consensus of that discussion was that there is a tangible difference between the raw files of the major players (as well when comparing the different in-camera-jpg output). Some contributors to that discussion went so far as to say that they had difficulty to "bring out the best" when post process one brand of raw vs. another.

The last three images (NIKON 1 V2) are in a different league.

Casey

Respond to this message   

Harish
(Login hhegde)

The decision is made

April 22 2014, 8:29 PM 

based on the weight factor and also, there is a lot of walking with no place to sit for hours.
Any ways, I have made three different kits based on what I intend to choose that day,I choose the one I think I will need. If it does not out to be the right choice there is always the next weekend.
Oh! btw, I do shoot in RAW.
Thanks Casey.
Harish

Respond to this message   
Mel
(Login Melcoxx)

The Nikon images are spectacular. (nt)

April 19 2014, 8:54 PM 

Respond to this message   

Harish
(Login hhegde)

I agree..

April 22 2014, 8:30 PM 

so long as one understands it' limitations.
Harish

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page