Everything New Orleans
Lets take a walk down memory lane.April 14 2007 at 6:20 PM
|NOOAWLINSMA (no login)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
These are some of my memories. Remember these? Or any that you don't remember?
Do be a do bee
Dont be a don't bee
Hide and go seek
Trick or treating till you fill up your Schwegmann bag.
Cabbage ball in the street
Sitting on your screen porch
When kindergarten was called primer
May crownings at school
Milk deliveries in glass bottles put into a metal box by the back door.
Parking in the beach parking lot while attending LSUNO
Dodge the ball
Drinking from the hose
Bringing the broom, paint brushes and white wash to the cemetary on All saints Day.
The taffy man coming down the strret with his cart and mule.
Broadmoor Kiddie shop for school uniforms
Laying in the back window of the car
The whole family taking Sunday drives with the windows down.
The first time seeing Wizard of Oz in color. Munchkinland and Emerald city was so beautiful.
Cokes were soft drinks,...not sodas, sodas came from the KB soda fountain
Going to the drive-in on summer nights with pics on the dash board.
Bringing back coke bottles to get 2 cents each
Getting dressed up to go to Canal street for a movie or shopping.
More to come soon.........
- Re: Canal Street - CopCop on Apr 14, 2007, 7:07 PM
- Re: Laying in the back window of the car - Inquiring Minds on Apr 14, 2007, 7:16 PM
- Sitting on Jackson Avenue - Towanda! on Apr 14, 2007, 7:32 PM
- Thanks for those... - LakeviewGal on Apr 14, 2007, 8:00 PM
- Catching Light'nin bugs - Mr. Lake on Apr 14, 2007, 11:08 PM
- Putting on your bathing suit and playing - OkieYat on Apr 15, 2007, 1:40 PM
- Walking around the neighborhood on the the way to the grocery store - Mr. Lake on Apr 15, 2007, 8:28 PM
- Memories of days gone by - Sly Ol Dawg on Apr 17, 2007, 5:40 PM
- Re: Lets take a walk down memory lane. - Proudyatexpat on May 19, 2007, 5:54 PM
New Orleans Links
Visit The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection Shop
Recover Your Password