Forums Index       Food Blog       Today in New Orleans History       New Orleans Past       The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection       The Yat Map       Send a New Orleans eCard
Forums Index    Food Forum    Nostalgia    Recipes    Soap Box    Pets    Books    Visual Media    Reviews    Tours    Abbreviations    Gardening

Everything New Orleans

---------------------------------

Return to Forum Home  

"The Southerner"

June 28 2007 at 9:01 AM

LakeviewGal  (Login LakeviewGal)
Members
from IP address 207.253.112.38

Response to Beautiful Old Railroad Cars

"The Southerner, the Southern Railway's streamlined New Orleans to New York passenger train, crosses Lake Ponchartrain near New Orleans, 1952."
(From http://nutrias.org/exhibits/choochoo)

Four years later my mama and I took that train to NYC to join my dad, who was working there for the summer. It was quite an adventure for my 10-year-old self. I remember the train as being very silver, all shiny and modern. A true Noo Awlins kid, I liked the dining car the best!

We're off tonight for two weeks in beautiful Victoria, BC!

LG

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

New Orleans Links

Visit The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection Shop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Locations of visitors to this page

Recover Your Password

Contact Mr. Lake

Forums Index       Food Blog       Food Forum       Nostalgia       Recipes       Soap Box       Pets       Books       Visual Media       Reviews       Tours       Abbreviations