Forums Index       Food Blog       Today in New Orleans History       New Orleans Past       The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection       The Yat Map       Send a New Orleans eCard
Forums Index    Food Forum    Nostalgia    Recipes    Soap Box    Pets    Books    Visual Media    Reviews    Tours    Abbreviations    Gardening

Everything New Orleans

---------------------------------

Return to Forum Home  

Sambuca!

March 12 2008 at 9:06 AM

LakeviewGal  (Login LakeviewGal)
Members
from IP address 206.172.95.17

Response to Re: I like the anise flavor too

Love the stuff! In Italy they often put a coffee bean in a liqueur glassful of sambuca.

Anise cookies like my mama used to bake -love them too!

And paregoric...haven't had that since I was a kid.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, NOMa.

P.S. Just found this about Sambuca with coffee bean(s):

"...the traditional Italian manner with three roasted coffee beans floating in it (for health, happiness and prosperity). Sambuca is an Italian liqueur flavored with green anise, star anise and elder. Romana Sambuca is similar in flavor to anisette, but at 42 proof, more alcoholic and less sweet. Like absinthe, pastis, ouzo and other anise-flavored spirits, it turns milky white when water or ice is added to it. (The cloudy appearance is the result of all those essential oils emulsifying.) A less traditional manner of serving Sambuca is flaming."

LG

This message has been edited by LakeviewGal from IP address 206.172.95.17 on Mar 12, 2008 9:14 AM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

New Orleans Links

Visit The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection Shop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Locations of visitors to this page

Recover Your Password

Contact Mr. Lake

Forums Index       Food Blog       Food Forum       Nostalgia       Recipes       Soap Box       Pets       Books       Visual Media       Reviews       Tours       Abbreviations