Forums Index       Food Blog       Today in New Orleans History       New Orleans Past       The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection       The Yat Map       Send a New Orleans eCard
Forums Index    Food Forum    Nostalgia    Recipes    Soap Box    Pets    Books    Visual Media    Reviews    Tours    Abbreviations    Gardening

Everything New Orleans

---------------------------------
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Home  

NOPD patches

February 24 2004 at 10:07 PM
Greg  (no login)
from IP address 68.112.222.60

For copcop.

I was watching a Mardi Gras episode of Cops, one of my guilty pleasures.

This attractive femal NOPD cop, named Desiree Gaudet (great name, had a shoulder patch on that I could not recognize. It looked red at the top with a white broad band in the middle.

Do you know what is was. The episode was made in 1996.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Cop_Cop)

Re: NOPD Patches

February 25 2004, 12:58 AM 

Does this look like what you saw? It's the only one I can think of close to what you described. BTW, Desiree has been in a couple of movies.

Respond to this message   
Greg
(no login)

Must have been.

February 25 2004, 10:10 AM 

That must have been it.

I was looking for patches on the web and could not find them.

Desiree was certainly attractive enough to make the movies.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Ms Gaudet's patch

February 26 2004, 4:13 PM 

I saw that episode also, it is quite old. Ms. Gaudet has been away from the NOPD for several years

Respond to this message   

(Login Cop_Cop)

Did Tinseltown scoop her up? nm

February 26 2004, 4:24 PM 

Respond to this message   
Greg
(no login)

No

February 26 2004, 6:38 PM 

The episode was from Mardi Gras, 1996. I did an IMDB search and she was only in two movies made here in 1994.

I just hope she isn't one of those very overweight female cops I see at the City Park Jazzfest parking lot each year.

Respond to this message   
Greg
(no login)

away

February 26 2004, 6:39 PM 

I did not read well. Didn't see she had left the force.

Respond to this message   
dinosaur
(no login)

back injury

March 1 2004, 1:35 PM 

Injured herself, and believe she took a disability pension. Saw her about three years ago. Looked ok, but aging as we all are

Respond to this message   
Greg
(no login)

Injury

March 1 2004, 6:22 PM 

An injury itself can age you. I hurt my back badly about four years ago, and after that was the first time I felt my age.

Perhaps the good news is that I am abusing my liver less.

Respond to this message   

(Login Cop_Cop)

Speaking of NOPD patches

February 26 2004, 7:02 AM 

Have you ever seen this one? It is the Homicide Division's patch, depicting a buzzard perched on the Star and Crescent. It was designed by one of the Detectives, Sam Gebbia. The patch isn't worn on a uniform, although many a baseball cap or tie pin featuring the design have been given out as gifts. Telly Savalas was given a tie pin when he was visiting the City and was seen wearing it on many Kojak episodes.

This message has been edited by Cop_Cop from IP address 157.50.50.73 on Feb 26, 2004 1:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Greg
(no login)

nope

February 26 2004, 1:26 PM 

I had never seen that patch either.

The only ones I really remembered were the Tac Unit and Motocycle Patrol patches.

I like the Vieux Carre patch. I might order one.

When I was on, the 1st District covered the FQ and the 8th was at Tulane and Broad.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: NOPD patches

February 25 2006, 10:42 AM 

Thanks for the compliment. Desiree

Respond to this message   

(Login Cop_Cop)

Hey, Désirée!

February 25 2006, 11:04 AM 

Welcome to the forum. You're welcome to join in the fun anytime. We have a few law enforcement types around here. Retired, former and even a son and granddaughter of both a State Trooper and J. P. Deputy.

This message has been edited by Cop_Cop from IP address 70.171.91.86 on Feb 25, 2006 1:06 PM

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Thank You

February 25 2006, 11:19 AM 

Just so you know. I was a cop in New Orleans and I did do some movies, but I have been working in the Middle East over 2 1/2 years, and I am presently living and working in Iraq!

Respond to this message   

(Login Cop_Cop)

Well,

February 25 2006, 11:25 AM 

As we used to say, "Be careful out there!". Please keep in touch with us and if there's anything you need just holler.

Henry

Respond to this message   
Desiree Gaudet
(no login)

Re: Well,

February 25 2006, 11:29 AM 

Hey there,
Do I know you? I know sa few Henry's from NOPD. Everything is good here, been shot at a few times, and once by an RPG, but they always miss! Just like a Saturday night in the Iberville! Haha

Respond to this message   

(Login Cop_Cop)

Re: Well,

February 25 2006, 11:47 AM 

I doubt you'd remember me, even though our paths crossed at stuff like St. Patrick's parades and maybe FOP parties. I retired before you came on. I worked with the fathers of some of the guys you worked with. You mean the Ibervillians are better trained than the RPG? Maybe we should send some of them over there. Haha! Email me if you want, click on the copcop thingie in the upper right corner of this.

Respond to this message   

(Login MrLake)

Welcome Aboard, Desiree

February 25 2006, 12:05 PM 

If you don't mind my asking, how in gawd's name did you wind up in Iraq?

Mr. Lake

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re:

February 25 2006, 12:13 PM 

I was in Kuwait over a year in a half working security and now I've been in Iraq for a year, and I love it. The money is a lot better over here. You can call me a mercenary if you like, but at least I'm a rich one. haha

Respond to this message   
JCG
(no login)

There's no shame in being a mercenary...

September 4 2007, 10:50 AM 

... that's what some Brits called me when (as an expatriate Londoner) I first came to New Orleans to work for the US Navy - and my American shipmates ragged me, too, saying that I must be the tradeback for those colonial sailors we'd impressed in 1812 (and that I couldn't expect free lime juice or a daily rum ration over here).

Incidentally, at the time I switched allegiance and headed south, so to speak (after five years working for the US Air Force in Ohio) I learned something of the intensity of interservice rivalry when my former USAF boss, upon hearing that I was being lured away by the US Navy, rasped (TIC, of course - I think): "The Navy? Good grief! I think I might have felt better about this if you'd said you were leaving us to work for the Russkies rather than the goddam Navy.."!

Respond to this message   

LakeviewGal
(Login LakeviewGal)
Members

Would you believe...

February 25 2006, 10:25 PM 

...that a few years ago in an antique shop in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada I found a patch from the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Police? I didn't even know that the Causeway had separate police. I did buy it, though!

LG

Respond to this message   

(Login Cop_Cop)

What a great find.

February 26 2006, 8:31 AM 

The commander of the Causeway Police is Chief Felix Loicano, a 35 year veteran of the New Orleans Police Department. Here's the Causeway Police website http://www.thecauseway.com/police/

Respond to this message   
Providian623
(no login)

Desiree Gaudet

September 4 2007, 4:26 AM 

I worked with Des for 2 years in Iraq. Still keep in touch with her. (She's still there, I'm not). She's well respected and just as good looking as she was in '96 when she was on COPS.

Just was on chat with her tonight. She's doing well.

Respond to this message   

(Login Cop_Cop)

Thanks for the update.

September 4 2007, 5:41 AM 

I lost track of Des after her outfit moved to a new location. Please convey my regards.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - NOPD patches
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Home  

New Orleans Links

Visit The Nostalgic New Orleans Collection Shop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Locations of visitors to this page

Recover Your Password

Contact Mr. Lake

Forums Index       Food Blog       Food Forum       Nostalgia       Recipes       Soap Box       Pets       Books       Visual Media       Reviews       Tours       Abbreviations