SigningNovember 20 2003 at 7:38 PM
No score for this post
|Goalie1953 (no login)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Response to Signing?
Where should I start. Signing a Letter of Intent commits the player and the school to each other. It only applies to US schools that provide full or partial scholarships. It is a binding commitment the player makes to the US school that if she graduates and meets the levels in SAT/ACT testing and Grade Point average/Course type they will attend that school. If they have applied to any other schools they must withdraw that application. If for some reason the athlete does not get cleared by the NCAA Clearing House the Scholarship is withdrawn, as is the placement at the school. In other words you had better have your act together.
Canadian Schools can sort of promise you a spot on their team but in reality it is up to the Addmissions Office to decide if you will get in. All Canadian schools have raised their level (marks) of addmission. If you are applying for a very competitive programme or school you will be in tough this year. The left overs from the Double Cohort will still affect the entrance grades. Check out last weeks McLeans as it has their annual survey of Canadian Schools and gives this kind of information. All Canadian schools can do for someone they really want is shade their entrance grades and not by a whole lot. Once you get in it is a whole different story. In Canada the school can offer financial assisstance but only to 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students in the form of Athletic Scholarships.
Your daughter like all the rest who show up at the rink in September and will be trying out. The US bound student will be guarenteed a place on the team but not necessarily the ice time they expect.
Hope this helped.
- Thanks for the Info - Anonymous on Nov 21, 8:58 AM
- Re: Signing - Anonymous on Nov 21, 11:59 AM
- Re: Re: Signing - Anonymous on Nov 21, 1:15 PM
- Re: Re: Signing - Anonymous on Nov 21, 8:28 PM
- Re: Re: Re: Signing - Anonymous on Nov 21, 9:13 PM
- Re: Re: Re: Re: Signing - Anonymous on Nov 21, 10:17 PM
- I need the Prof on this one!! - statsy on Nov 22, 9:09 AM
- ...and further - Anonymous on Nov 22, 2:41 PM
- Prof? - Anonymous on Nov 23, 3:43 PM
- Re: Prof? - Anonymous on Nov 23, 4:19 PM