That's what I was afraid of!!!!October 15 2004 at 10:34 AM
No score for this post
|BT (no login)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Response to Re: How's the reffing been in the PWHL??
I don't know where your from, but thats certainly the story in the GTA. Why dont the coaches/managers have more input into who referees the games. They put hundreds of hours of volunteer time into girls hockey and get frustrated by officials who are not qualified.
Girls hockey has progressed much faster than female officiating. There are very good female referees, but they seem to currently be in limited supply.
They should get experience at lower levels and possibly lining PWHL games before they jump in over their heads.
It seems the the Ontario Universities have gone back to male referees.
I would hate to see the PWHL go the same route, but there has to be an answer.
Have the coaches/managers/executive evaluate referees and decide which ones get on the ice.
As a referee, the last place I want to be is doing a game where I am not wanted.
- dikes on ice - Anonymous on Oct 16, 2:54 PM
- Can't someone delete this crap!! - BT on Oct 16, 3:47 PM
- Unbelievable - Anonymous on Nov 7, 10:44 AM
- Re: Unbelievable - Anonymous on Nov 7, 11:18 AM
- Re: Unbelievable - Richard Male on Nov 7, 11:28 AM
- Richard, Not sure I want to wade in but you got my attention. - unofficial owha on Nov 8, 12:02 PM
- Re: Richard, Not sure I want to wade in but you got my attention. - Richard Male on Nov 8, 1:35 PM
- Now that's offensive...Comparing this issue to the absurdity - unofficial owha on Nov 8, 2:23 PM
- Re: Unbelievable - Anonymous on Nov 9, 12:43 AM
- ignorant - Anonymous on Nov 9, 1:13 AM
- Re: dikes on ice - Anonymous on Nov 9, 1:33 AM
- I apologize..please change the subject!! - BT on Nov 9, 8:14 AM