UNOFFICIAL OWHA (GIRLS ICE HOCKEY)

Return to Index  

Blush, Blush

November 20 2004 at 12:52 PM
No score for this post
(formerly) Bramdad  (no login)
from IP address 149.99.70.207

Response to Re: Ouch, darnit, I think I cracked a tooth ...

I don't even know what a 'knowledgable hockey aficionado' is!! Those words sound flattering, but they are way too big for me. The biggest word I know is marmalade.

You are absolutely right, of course. The classic game is 3 - 20 minute periods. Now that I have been watching more post-secondary school games which are played in that time frame, it becomes pretty obvious that the 12 - 12 - 15 format, (or worse, the 10 - 10 - 10 format of the Provincials) is pretty weak. The tournaments you mention (particularly the OWG) as well as others (in particular the Silver Stick, Missy and Brampton tourneys) are a better guage of not only the skill, but the stamina.

Still, there is a certain lustre and panache to the Provincial Gold Medal that makes me feel good, like, you know, having marmalade on a Sunday morning.

In any event, as another poster quite rightly noted, this is all past tense. I am hanging around with another handle, but I think this is it for Bramdad.

Keep on smilin'.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Where your opinion counts!!!! and so much more!