<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ACQUIRING A CPF

March 18 2006 at 10:12 PM
Moderator  (Login yachtmarine)
Owner
from IP address 200.148.12.64

Acquiring a Tax ID (CPF) Number in Brazil

The Brazilian Individual Taxpayer Registry (CPF) stands for “Cadastro de Pessoa Fisica” and it is a fundamental document for Brazilian nationals or foreigners. It is mandatory for individuals are or will be subject to any type of taxation in Brazil and/or for individuals who are planning to own properties and investments in Brazil subject to public registration including such as:

a. real state;
b. vehicles;
c. vessels;
d. aircrafts;
e. stock shares;
f. bank accounts;
g. financial market investments;
h. capital market investments.

The process of applying for a CPF number in Brazil by foreigners can be done via Power of Attorney. For that, I will need the following information: Name; Date of birth; Mother’s name; Address in native country; and Passport Number. Once this information is received via email, I will prepare a Power of Attorney and send it to you, also via email. Upon receipt, you shall notarize and take it to the nearest Brazilian Consulate or Embassy to be authenticated along with your passport and birth certificate (needed only if mother’s name does not appear in passport). All of these 3 documents shall be authenticated and then sent to me.

Once these documents are received, I will pay a fee at “Banco do Brasil” branch and the petition will be filed at the “Receita Federal” branch on your behalf. Within 24 hours, a CPF is usually assigned and issued and you may, immediately, use for any of the above listed circumstances. Afterwards, your card is usually received within a month and I will forward to you.

For this service I charge US$200.00 (Payable in the US or Brazil via Western Union or wire transfer).

Shall you decide to proceed, please email the personal information listed above to me at: jsantiago@eliteinternational.com

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at the numbers below.

Jose C. Santiago
Licensed Attorney - Brazil
Phone: (55-11)9348-5729 - São Paulo, Brazil

This message has been edited by yachtmarine from IP address 200.148.12.64 on Mar 19, 2006 12:44 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on South AmericaCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement