Click logo to enter advertiser's site

Return to Index  

Re: c6 help

December 11 2009 at 11:13 PM
  (Login KENNETHL6)
from IP address 72.171.0.145

Response to c6 help

John, do you know if the tranny worked ok before you installed the shift kit or is there no history? I'm sure I can find a photo of an early valve body of the valve and spring area you had a concern about. I'll try to email it to you tomorrow. The normal valve body gasket goes between the channel casting (casting with the filter) and the seperator plate. The casting with the valves mate to the plate with no gasket. All bolts should screwed finger tight first. Then tighten the bolts holding the two casting together with a hand nut driver (to keep from over torqueing) then tighten the end plate, pressure regulator plate then the banana plate last always making sure the gasket and bolt holes are lined
up correctly. I don't know right off what's in your photos but if you don't have a history of the tranny in a car running, I would say something is broke or installed wrong.

Ken Collins, BadShoe Productions, How To DVD's specializing in Ford drivetrains www.badshoeproductions.com (banner ad below)
email; badshoe@myway.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

• c6 help - john on Dec 12, 2009, 10:01 PM
  •  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement