Click logo to enter advertiser's site

Return to Index  

Newbs rebuilding AOD - found wiped out bushing

February 7 2012 at 1:22 PM
  (Login RichSout)
from IP address 66.60.183.188

Hey there,

It's been a long time since I've had an automatic apart and my mind is foggy. I hope someone with more recent experience can guide me where to go and what else to look for...

We have an AOD out of a 1991 Mustang 5.0L that came to us with no O/D. This, along with a fuel-injected 5.0 (out of a different Mustang) are being transplanted into my sons '66 Mustang. The engine is done and now its time to move on to the transmission.

Its apart and we've got a master rebuild kit with steels, both bands and the front and rear bushings. Started to break down the subassemblies and noticed the bushing on the "center support planetary" #59 or #60 in the image (#59 is not identified) is wiped out - it defininitely needs to be replaced.

[linked image]

I'll try and get a pic of the actual damage tonight, but wanted to post while I was thinking about it. What I need help with is - seeing this damage, is there other areas I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.
Rich

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement