Click logo to enter advertiser's site

Return to Index  

All gears go forward!!

April 29 2012 at 9:46 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 66.114.184.217

87 5.0 HO AOD Transmission. Everything seems stock. (Just picked up car for my daughter a few months ago).

Before work began on car, tranny was slow to shift down to 1st, and reverse began to fight. So, Put it in the air, dropped pan, took out valve body. Took Valve body apart, cleaned, and reassembled Valve body with added shift kit parts.

During that time, I noticed the TV cable was disconnected from the Throttle body. Not sure how or why, but it was, so I reconnected it.

Fixed charging issue, ripped out A/C components, and fired her up.

Low works well. The car now really really likes going forward. Neutral... goes forward. Reverse, yup, goes forward. BUT, when in reverse, if I quickley give it gas, when the RPM's drop back down, the tires stop moving (Car is still on 4 jack stands) Park was being a pain.

Dropped pan again, checked valves, checked check balls. Went through everything on valve body, put it back up, same thing, but park seems happy again..

Im really lost on this one. I have only seen a couple posts online about such a thing, but seems I cant find an answer.

Oh, almost forgot, I did take the governor out and clean it well, and made sure to put it back in properly.

Im way lost on this, so any help is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Marc

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement