Click logo to enter advertiser's site

Return to Index  

I think I found it!

June 2 2012 at 9:57 AM
  (Login flawebmaster)
from IP address 67.162.162.175

Response to Original Washers

I've been working on this project for a week and I've learned more about a C6 than I ever wanted to know. After assembling and disassembling the tranny at least 20 times and checking everything over and over, I believe I've found the problem. My manuals show two thrust washers (#7 & #8) between the rear planetary and the input shell. #7 is a standard copper .060" thick thrust washer and #8 is a black steel disc mounted under the sungear. I've inventoried and measured every washer comparing and matching the washers in my rebuild kit. I have come to the conclusion that this transmission did not have a copper style thrust washer #7, it only has the steel washer #8 riding on the rear planetary. The wear pattern on my planetary seems to back up this theory. I think this has to do with the fact that my transmission is a truck tranny with a 4 pinion rear planetary and the big bearing holding the output shaft in position. Now, with #7 removed and the original .078" selective thrust washer behind the pump I have .018" end play.

This message has been edited by flawebmaster from IP address 67.162.162.175 on Jun 2, 2012 10:02 AM
This message has been edited by flawebmaster from IP address 67.162.162.175 on Jun 2, 2012 10:01 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement