Click logo to enter advertiser's site

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • c4 diagnosis
    • aaron (no login)
      Posted May 19, 2012 5:24 AM

Im doing a V8 swap in my ranger, using a C4. I don't have my driveshaft yet so the truck isn't drivable but I really wanted to start the motor once I got everything installed. I thought I should put trans fluid in even though it was going to be in park, and obviously not driving. A few minutes later I noticed fluids dripping. The pan has a pretty steady leak. Which I guess doesn't concern me much, but there was a considerable amount of fluid coming from the output shaft/extension housing (not sure what that end of the trans is called). So my first reaction was thats not a good sign. If someone could please tell me thats not a problem, that I was dumb for putting fluid without the driveshaft in place, I would be extremely relieved. Really hoping my transmission is fine so I do't have to pull the motor I just got installed! Thanks, Aaron
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement