Click logo to enter advertiser's site

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

AOD check balls and spring in valve body

December 27 2009 at 2:55 PM
Ondra  (Login LordIffy)
from IP address 89.102.179.202

Hi,

I have dissasembled the valve body and found out these two problems:

1) there was no check ball No. 1 (orange check ball) in the valve body. It should be here (on the picture the check ball is on its place - I have just tried it)

[linked image]

however, I found this orange check ball here in the case (I think there should be no check ball at all):
[linked image]

So, where should be this orange check ball? If not in the case - could this cause something bad? (for example burnt direct clutch..)?

2) This spring in the valve body was broken (1-2 accumulator valve). What could cause this?
[linked image]

Thank you

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Silverfox
(no login)

Re: AOD check balls and spring in valve body

December 29 2009, 3:02 PM 

That ball needs to go where you have it, in the vb, not in the case...make sure it is 5.16 ball and doesn't fit through the hole in the plate.
This ball is not "required" to function, however it will for sure keep the harsh 3-4 4-3 shifts from happeinging happy.gif

As for the spring, common to break, you can experiment with a spring that is same tension as the one ahead of it, they are identical. This spring is not needed again, however helps control the 1-2 shift.

Respond to this message   
Ondra
(Login LordIffy)

Re: AOD check balls and spring in valve body

December 30 2009, 8:07 AM 

thank you very much. Harsh 3-4 and 4-3 was definitely my problem - in the shop which rebuilt this transmission year and half ago I was told, that some mechanical parts of the transmission are used and that is why the 3-4-3 shifting is so harsh happy.gif)

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement