Click logo to enter advertiser's site

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

AOD reverse gear issue

October 29 2011 at 1:27 AM
Jeff Mills  (Login hybiepoo)
from IP address 144.132.128.9

I'm building a 66 Mustang and bought an AOD to put in it.
I rebuilt the AOD using the Bad Shoe Productions DVD and a TCI rebuilt kit including the alto red clutches, new bands etc.
The car is still being built at the moment, so I can't drive it on the road yet.
The box will shift into drive no problem, although it is quite tight. Hopefully this will loosen up a little with more use, but I do remember setting it up on the tight side.

However, when I shift to reverse, nothing seems to happen. I THINK it might be partially working because I think the car might have moved backwards ever so slightly, but I'm not 100% sure of this. I don't want to rev the engine up too much in reverse in case it burns the clutches or band.

So what are the possible issues here?

1) It's going into reverse, but the piston is not engaging to drive the clutches.
2) Servo is not moving to engage a band
3) Check ball issue
4) ??

Any help is appreciated.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jeff
(Login hybiepoo)

Fixed

May 6 2012, 2:21 AM 

Just an update for anyone who might have the same issue.
Mine turned out to be that the low band was not engaging because the band was not lined up with the pin on the actuator properly.
Luckily we were able to rectify this by removing the valve body, removing the actuator and using a screwdriver to move the band into place. We didn't have to remove the box.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement