Click logo to enter advertiser's site

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

fordomatic shoots fluid out dipsick in reverse

August 15 2012 at 7:59 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 166.248.7.215

I have a fordomatic in a 1956 tbird that was removed previously for torque convertor seal now it has no 2 o 3 shift and when cold will backup but when hot will not and shoots fluid out of dipstick been told it must be rebuild it is strong in low and second

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login stuart40a)
Forum Moderator

Re: fordomatic shoots fluid out dipsick in reverse

August 16 2012, 1:15 PM 

That almost sounds like the direct clutch seals are the culprits.

3rd and reverse share a common clutch pack.

Unless it's been opened before the internal seals will be hard, shrunk and possibly split.

Respond to this message   

(no login)

fordomatic

August 16 2012, 9:55 PM 

thanks for the reply I beleave I am going to try and rebuild it my self no one around here wants to do it except one fellow asking 1700 to much for my budget lol hope it comes out ok I have done a turbo 400 and a A285 GM I hope it works out I had a lead on a what I beleave but not sure is a cruzeomatic C3TT7006A apears to have right extension housing not sure if bell would fit Y block it is a 29 spline input and water cooled mine is air wonder if puting external cooler would work or I should stick with what I have and take my chances on puting a kit in it

Respond to this message   

(Login stuart40a)
Forum Moderator

Re: fordomatic

August 16 2012, 10:26 PM 

29 spline wont fit unless you change the convertors.

I'd get a kit for yours and keep it original.

When you get it out and clean record any stampings in the case. They could have great resale value.

Numbers and letters can be traced to date of manufacture.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - fordomatic shoots fluid out dipsick in reverse
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement