<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
ronald reed
(no login)

iron claw

May 16 2013, 3:51 PM 

I was wondering if you were still looking for a IRON CLAW I have one of the first versions ever made you can read all the #s it was made in Chicago, I no the posting is old but its worth a shot.maybe ill here from you

PhilOhio
(Login PhilOhio)

Another Argus Iron Claw seeker

December 16 2013, 3:01 PM 

Guys, I hope this old thread is not totally DOA. I'm not really a restraints collector, but this could get me started. I almost bought a really minty Argus Iron Claw at a suburban Washington, D.C. estate sale some 20 years ago, but the lady running it pulled a switcheroo on me and would not sell it; claimed it was out there "by mistake". Only this week did I learn that the company name was Argus of Chicago, and the product was the "Iron Claw", and that there are tens of thousands of them out there. Sounds like a number of you have them. I would be interested in any of the later several models (all basically the same mechanically) as long as it is not the first model, nor the poorly made Jay-Pee Taiwan version, and it has to have all, or almost all, of the original nickel plating.

FYI, our family consists of a long line of Midwest cops, state patrolmen, town marshals, and sheriff's deputies. I'm the black sheep, having gone to work for Uncle Sam and, overseas, doing work which was sort of similar but very different. Now I need an Iron Claw, for show and tell, and family entertainment. None of those guys who are still alive have their Iron Claws anymore, and the last deputy cousin I talked with today said he hasn't seen one for 30 years. He said most were pulled off duty because they could break wrists.

Thanks much, for any help you folks can offer. I'm just not going to feel safe until I have my very own Argus Iron Claw to pet and polish.

Heidi
(no login)

iron claw

May 3 2014, 10:38 AM 

Have one good condition

Tiffani Davis
(Login jtdavis3511)

the iron claw

August 2 2014, 6:44 AM 

I found your post from quiet a few years back where you were for a nice Iron Claw. I actually found in some things my grandmother had of my grandads before past away and I believe it's in great condition, still has all the imprints and serial very visible. If interested you can email me at jtdavis3511@gmail.com and I can give you my phone number. I don't know much about this piece but it seems very interesting and I'd love to find a home with someone who collects them. Thank you so much, Tiffani Davis

Steve
(no login)

IRON CLAW

February 5 2016, 11:58 AM 

see eBay listing 231836708293

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Another attempt at finding an Argus Iron Claw

February 5 2016, 12:57 PM 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/331771234512?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Here is a 1st model Argus without the protector sleeve.
These are hard to find

David Donham
(no login)

I have a goog condition iron claw

December 28 2017, 7:43 AM 

Call me at 941 586 2678

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>