<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Unusual Harvard handcuffs

January 20 2014 at 1:51 PM
Steve Santini  (no login)

I just recently picked up a Harvard handcuff that seems to be quite different from any others I have seen.

Firstly, it has a very long factory linkage and secondly, it is like a Harvard version of a "lady's cuff" or similar to the American Handcuff Co. "Juvenile cuff" owing to the much wider cheek plates surrounding the wrist opening.

This increased width makes the inner circumference of the handcuff much smaller than with regular Harvard cuffs.

Cheers, Steve Santini bookings@thedarkmaster.com

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Joseph Lauher
(Premier Login lauher)
Owner

Unusual Harvard handcuffs

January 20 2014, 6:31 PM 

Hi Steve
You have a rare one. It has been discussed on the forum before, way back in 2004 I posted a picture of a set like the one you have found. I do not think I have seen another one until now.
Joe

[linked image]

http://www.network54.com/Forum/261154/thread/1079442620/last-1082148114/Harvard+Handcuffs.

Steve Santini
(no login)

Thanks Joe and BTW, these are for trade

January 20 2014, 11:09 PM 

Thank you Joe for the info.

When I picked these up I knew they were unusual because in all my years of collecting and dealing in restraints I have never personally run across or owned this variation.

That said, I am not really keen on swing through restraints so if someone out there may like them and have something hand forged for trade please give me a shout.

Cheers, Steve bookings@thedarkmaster.com

DJ halfdead
(no login)

Found One

November 5 2017, 8:15 PM 

I recently added one of these unusual "long link" Harvard Cuffs to the collection. Mine look exactly like the ones above. Since, im not sure how to post pics anymore, I cant give you a pic of what mine look like. They have one elongated link, the swivel assembly and a second elongated link. How many of you out there have one of these in the collection? Just curious as to how rare they are?
-Richard Knip

Happy Guest
(no login)

congrats DJ

November 9 2017, 7:44 PM 

I for one am always happy to see collectors get a long awaited item...

A BIG Cheers too you wink.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index