<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Odd Hamburg 8

March 29 2017 at 12:57 PM

Lars Holst  (Login holstcollection)

Hi,

I just acquired a very odd Hamburg 8 made of aluminium.

The entire cuff is larger than a normal Kayser No 5. The most significant differance is the hinges.
The general appearance is that the cuff looks like it's "factory handmade" as it's very well made.
I have posted some photos below.

Does anybody know what this cuff is?

Lars

www.holstcollection.com

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bjoern
(no login)

Odd Hamburg 8

March 29 2017, 5:30 PM 

Hi Lars,
this seems to be a Victorworks VW-1034 Hamburg Eight replica from Pakistan. It was manufactured in the early 2000's.

Best regards
Björn

Lars Holst
(Login holstcollection)

Re: Odd Hamburg 8

March 29 2017, 6:27 PM 

Hello Björn,

Thanks a lot for the information! It wasn't really what I hoped for but I have to admit it's really well
made. However, I will not put it in the same drawer as the original Hamburg eights.

As a fact, I feel a little embarrassed as I should have known better...

Best wishes,

Lars

Ian McColl
(no login)

March 29 2017, 7:48 PM 

An original hamburg eight was sent over to India by Pastor Clyde who wanted to corner the market is repros of the cuff, even though he knew I already was making hamburg eight at the time and was selling with the USA. The Pastor being such a moral man (LOL) got screwed and put this message up at the magic cafe forum.

KUB Warning
June 23 2005 at 3:21 PM Pastor Clyde Pastor Clyde

It is not my intention to bad mouth anyone but rather to warn those who may benefit from this information. As many of you know I have carried the KUB line until recently when I was cheated out of a part of an order.

The worst part is that I have been working with them to develop a lesser expensive Hamburg 8 sending them the idea to recreate them, the photos needed, measurements, etc. They embraced the idea and ran with it. My part in the deal was that I would be the United States distributor for the cuffs.

Well, as one might guess, not only do I not get part of my last order (placed with them over 8 months ago) but I get nothing with the Hamburg 8s. Not even a sample for my time. They took my idea and shut me out.

So, just as a friendly warning, if you order from them, beware- you may very well not get your order and if you give them any ideas they will take it and run with it leaving you behind.

Hope this spares someone else from trouble.

Clyde

Nils
(no login)

March 30 2017, 8:34 AM 

I wondered why it went beyond €200. But then, it's already kind of rare.

Nils

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index