<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Saf-lok question

April 20 2017 at 5:24 PM
Tim T  (no login)

I finally acquired a pair of saf-lok mark 4 handcuffs and have a question. On one of the cuffs, if I push the key in when they are double locked, I can't pull the key straight back out. I have to unlock them and then I can pull the key out. The other cuff is not like this.

They were really stiff when I got them and have freed them up somewhat with cleaning and lubrication but I want to know if there is something not right so I can return them if need be.

Thanks,

Tim

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
the doctor is in
(no login)

Re: Saf-lok question

April 20 2017, 7:28 PM 

can I assume that the key is hard to get in while on double lock? Try the locking unlocking operations /key in and out when the bow is not in the cuff and please report back

help offered
(no login)

April 21 2017, 4:39 AM 

can you post your contact details?

Paul Davies
(no login)

April 21 2017, 8:22 AM 

I have tested all my SAF-LOK and they vary.
Mk 4 one side the key can be pulled out when double locked, the other side does not.
2 x Mk 1 both sides the key pulls out when double locked.
Mk 5 one side the key can be pulled out when double locked, the other side does not.
Another Mk 5 both keys pull out when double locked.

Since you don't need the key to lock or double lock (just turn the knob), it does not seem to affect how they are used, but it is curious. I'm sure someone, who won't post here, will let you know why if you leave contact details.
Paul

Tim T
(no login)

April 21 2017, 6:39 PM 

timsstrengthfeats@yahoo.com

Okay that is interesting. Thanks for the replies.

Tim T
(no login)

April 21 2017, 6:48 PM 

Oh yeah, the bow not being in the cuff does not change the operation at all.

I will say this, it's an impressive cuff. I imagine the breaking strength would be much higher than any other standard chain handcuffs.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index