<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Why do we collect hancuffs

June 1 2017 at 3:30 PM

Dan  (Login weaseldandaw)

I've been thinking lately why we collect handcuffs.
Over the last ten years a lot of collectors seem to be selling off their collections
I know some of these are due to ailing health, but what I want to know is if we are just hoarders!
I keep telling myself I am spending too much on cuffs, but I keep spending. Is it an addiction or am I just after that allusive cuff!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joseph Fox
(no login)

Why Collect?

June 1 2017, 5:53 PM 

You can start off by reading Mark Lyon's article:

"Handcuff Collecting. Why Collect Them? How to Spot Fakes." by Mark Lyons

...via the "link" on this website's Homepage.

?
(no login)

Re: Why do we collect hancuffs

June 2 2017, 12:12 AM 

because they are no stamps

Anonymous
(no login)

June 2 2017, 11:26 AM 

? because there are no stamps?

Try this website: http://www.stamp-collecting-resource.com/

Now on to the main question .............

I collect vintage computers, coins & paper currency, cuffs, muscle cars, and stamps! Why? It's a "challenge", to enhance my and others knowledge, and to hopefully build value for later retirement years. And hopefully when I'm "no longer", others will enjoy the collections!

Nils
(no login)

June 3 2017, 5:55 AM 

It's nice to collect something that's old, rare and has a certain history. Apart from the question how inventors solved a certain problem, it's also the pleasure of finding something somewhere that's hard to find now and then, and maybe has a certain value in the collecting society. Because handcuffs are items that go through history, societies and cultures.

I also like meeting with other collectors, learing about cuffs or background stories, and making new friends. And because it's not something that everybody collects.

Cheers
Nils

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index